Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  14:41:19  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When an episode has an image you can't edit this episode without getting the error that the picture file is already in use (with following stream = null and missing object instance error messages).
It's from the EditWindow as well as from the QuickEditView.
In the TVShow's EditWindow you can see a part of this Image whereas in the QuickEditView there is no picture shown and the column PictureImage always says: No image data.

Another Question:
Last column for episodes shows "simply empty". Can we edit this field? And how can we show the data on the episode card?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  19:45:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I already posted the same thing on March 2nd, but no one responded....

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7548
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2011 :  19:53:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, sometimes I don't see all posts because of answering to one takes too much time. Or there are too many posts.
But better twice than none ;)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  00:40:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys,

I have answer to the other topic.

Basically the problem is that I cannot reproduce the error.

Do you import the episode picture with a script or manually?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  01:41:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I use IMDB.COM (TVSeries) For Rel.7, TV.COM for Rel 7 and THETVDB.COM for Rel 7. I only have the problem when I first start XMM, when I try to edit a tv episode. After about 5 minutes of XMM being used or after I import a new tv show, it starts working correctly. I just wondered if it took some time for XMM to read the whole database, and maybe that is why it always says image in use?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2011 :  02:23:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats interesting. I will investigate it.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2011 :  20:27:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm still having the same problem editing episodes with 7.1.1.6

It's still saying the "episode picture is in use, value of null is not valid for stream and object reference not set to instance of an object" when you double click an episode to edit it. As soon as you add a new show, it does not do it anymore.
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2011 :  01:45:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just bought a new computer and did a fresh install of EMM. I'm still having the same problem editing episodes. I thought it might have been a problem with the old computer, but this one is brand new.
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  01:17:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am STILL getting the same picture errors when trying to edit episodes!!!! New computer, updated XMM 7.1.1.8.

57The process cannot access the file....because it is being used by another process.

5Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'.

91Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This has become extremelly annoying. I cannot edit episodes until 5 or 10 minutes after I start XMM.
Go to Top of Page

Prinz

Germany
1522 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  01:28:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have same problem since a few versions.
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  04:09:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm glad it is not just me. I was starting to think there was something that I was doing wrong, because no one else responded.
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  06:08:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ronbug4444

I'm glad it is not just me. I was starting to think there was something that I was doing wrong, because no one else responded.

Sorry not just you. Mine is I lock up and then poof all works well. It's like I'm thinking give me a minute or two or maybe three. I don't always get an error message.

I've also noticed another thing on working with episodes. If you're adding a show like Will & Grace or Brothers & Sisters, in order to find them on IMDB you have to use the & but the titles for the episodes comes out Grace" or Sisters" then the title. Have you noticed this? Just causes a little extra clean up.
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  19:33:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same problem in 7.1.1.9! Will this bug ever be taken care of. Instead of adding more and more features, why not spend time fixing the bugs that have persisted through the last 10 updates?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  07:04:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ronbug4444,

you have right of course. I have fix some bugs related to episodes (like the double .jpg.jpg) on the picture filename.

For this bug I am a bit in trouble because I cannot reproduce it.

Probably I have few episodes in my example database. I will keep trying.

Of course I cannot stop to develop new function because of bugs.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  09:34:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You cannot reproduce these errors, Ale?
Just doubleclick on a TVShow go to Episodes tab and try to edit any episode with an episode picture assigned.
The error occurs immedeatly!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

SyN0
Starting Member

Germany
42 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2011 :  13:22:10  Show Profile  Visit SyN0's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
the error exists since many many versions...
the first picture-import into an episode is ok, but:
open new episode -> click ok on error message(3x) -> you can edit the fields and import new pictures. if you dont use pictures, the error dosn't occur
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  09:44:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK Guys, I have found it.

The problem occurs if you have the picture in the Episode Grid. If you remove this field the problem will not occur.

I will work to remove the bug.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  10:21:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Why don't you show a simple sign for pic / no pic? In the grid you never can see the whole picture!
Or is there anybody keeping that field big enough?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  15:25:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you! It is working again. I did try your other option before about removing picture from the grid, but every time I restarted XMM, the picture field was back in the grid. Anyway....it's working right now.
Go to Top of Page

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2011 :  15:35:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After playing with it for a few minutes, I found that it still gives the errors if you try to edit the episodes with the "quick edit view".
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2011 :  22:31:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello ronbug4444,

Do you have the problem also in the latest release?

Ale

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.2 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07