BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 XMM Windows Registry Keys

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ComZiz Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 00:31:21
Hello,

I've been doing a lot of research on my problems.
And i believe they're caused by old/wrong windows registries.

I found two different registry paths in regedit;
First one is;
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3390479567-2327377751-1397374930-1000\Software\eXtremeMovieManager

which includes very old and wrong data;
quote:
Name Type Data
#64830;Default#64831; REG_SZ #64830;value not set#64831;
DatabaseFile REG_SZ C:\Databases\XMM\ERKE.mdb
FileAviSearchPath REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron
FolderScanner REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron
MyKey REG_SZ hidden@hidden.com
OpenDatabasePath REG_SZ C:\Databases\XMM

and a second one;
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3390479567-2327377751-1397374930-1000\Software\eXtremeMovieManager8

which includes rather new data but XMM doesn't use;

quote:

Name Type Data
#64830;Default#64831; REG_SZ #64830;value not set#64831;
DatabaseFile REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\DB\ERKE_1.mdb
FileAviSearchPath REG_SZ V:\DIZI
FirstTimeStart REG_SZ OK
FolderScanner REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\
OpenDatabasePath REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\DB
XMMDataPath REG_SZ D:\Programlar\XMM8\

Now if you notice in the first one, it says "FolderScanner REG_SZ P:\filmler\Tron" which is where the device scanner get stucked, explained in this topic; http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10385
I think it keeps checking P:\filmler\Tron to look for NEW files and can not find them. Because in the device scanner it prints this path when I click "START SCAN". It is interesting that XMM still reads P:\filmler\Tron registry, because in the CURRENT program settings, the path is set to "P:\filmler\" only.

I didn't want to change or delete anything here without consulting you first Alessio. So could you please guide me to fix these duplicate entries in my registery.

Also I would appreciate if you could also check this topic;
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10399

Thx in advance

ERKE T.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ComZiz Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 18:21:52
Thank you for your suggestions but as you can see my authentication code is in extrememoviemanager registry inputs so i rather not touch them without Ale approving first =)

And for the text files, yes they have the updated folder paths but i doubt that config.ini overrides those because i was able to see my undetected movies only by deleting my config.ini over and over again.

The only problem I have right now is the magicscript. It's been over a month now that i can't use XMM properly and this annoys me much. =(
yan00s Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 14:55:18
quote:
Originally posted by ComZiz

So which values of these can I change, without breaking up my XMM 8

If you don't have a previous version of XMM installed I suppose it's safe to remove the "extremeMovieManager" (without 8) keys.

Before changing anything in the registry it's good practice to make a backup of the values you're about to alter. Remember: they never want you - the user - to play around with registry keys...

As for the XMM8 keys: I doubt that it will change much of XMMs behaviour if you fiddle with 'em. You're free to test things (maybe this "FolderScanner" key has a meaning - only Ale knows) but I wouldn't put much hope into it.

BTW: the device scanner search folders should be stored in simple text files called "FolderList.txt" and "FolderListTV.txt" respectively. Those two files live within XMM8s' \configuration\ directory.
ComZiz Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 02:57:15
Thank you for your info =)
So which values of these can I change, without breaking up my XMM 8
yan00s Posted - 05 Jan 2013 : 01:25:23
extremeMovieManager (without 8) keys are for previous versions. That way both version 7 and version 8 can coexist. At least in theory they should - and for me they indeed do.

From what Ale once said I believe XMM does not use the registry much anyway these days. Most values should be in the config.ini file.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07