BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 The type initializer for 'bp' threw an exception.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
halba Posted - 27 Feb 2013 : 16:42:04
Hi,

I have installed Extreme Movie Manager 8.0.4.9 on two machines (my laptop with Windows 7, used for test, and a Win 2008 R2 installation on a server where I plan to keep it installed).

On my laptop everything is working fine...I have created a database, imported movies, updated info with scripts and so on.

On the server just after the app start, on the lower status bar this message appear:

5-The type initializer for 'bp' threw an exception...

The icon of "Device Scanner" always blinking, and if I try to open the database I created on the laptop, it say that I can not beacuse the engines are running (but is not thrue because the device scanner on the server is disabled).

Someone can help me ?

P.S. on the laptop and on the server there is the same version of .NET Frameworks installed.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JustME Posted - 03 Mar 2013 : 12:35:11
On the RC2 you just did a fresh install and never copied any data over yet, correct? Setup EMM using the example database and then set your options so device manager does not automatically scan for new movies (file monitor off) and also that auto update movies is off.
Once that is set with the example database, copy over your working database. Open it up and make sure that the scan path is correct for adding new files and that the settings are still correct to NOT check for new items or to automatically update. By default these two are on with a new install and with the script engine running you cannot make the changes :-)
yan00s Posted - 27 Feb 2013 : 17:23:32
You may be a bit on your own troubleshooting XMM on a Windows Server OS.

Some shots in the dark:
- Are you sure XMM has the same privileges on the server as it had on the laptop?
- Have you (unintentionally) copied some config settings (like path values) from the laptop to the server which are not working from the server's point of view?

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07