BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 script engine search problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kirill2785 Posted - 13 Jul 2013 : 17:46:32
Hello
If i remember correctly when i used to import films the script would search by title and the already filled year and show me results with that year.
NOW when it searches, it shows results including different years.
The device scanner automaicaly extracts the YEAR from the file name, so it's extremely useful because then whan script engine searches for movies and the option "automatically choose the first result" is on, XMM takes care of all, the movies are updated quickly and without the need for the user constantly overseeng the process.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yan00s Posted - 30 Nov 2013 : 14:34:22
quote:
Originally posted by kirill2785

I checked with imdb.com (fastest) and it works. shows only movies with the exact year. (although it also shows "tv-series" in the results)
But can it be fixed on a seach engine level, not for a specific script?

If different scripts for the same site deliver different results with the same query it seems obvious to me that it's a script problem and not an issue with the code operating the script engine.

I don't think that there's something like a real search engine anyway - just some sort of pattern matching / field comparison is going on.
kirill2785 Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 19:58:49
I checked with imdb.com (fastest) and it works. shows only movies with the exact year. (although it also shows "tv-series" in the results)
But can it be fixed on a seach engine level, not for a specific script?
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Nov 2013 : 08:27:06
I will make a test and update the script if works correctly

Ale
kirill2785 Posted - 23 Nov 2013 : 10:45:33
i tried searching a movie title with it's year in the search line of the imdb.com site itself (no thru XMM), and it works, it shows only the movie title of that year (also shows tv-shows, video games, but this is already filtered by XMM). so it is possible to query the site with the year appended to the title.
yan00s Posted - 23 Nov 2013 : 01:20:20
Please keep in mind that imdb is a moving target and does actually disallow users from scraping its contents.

The only legit way to personally make use of imdb data in batch mode are the offline data files imdb kindly provides.

If things go bump with imdb - wait and see. But don't expect the program to provide an *offical* way to "break" imdb. It should not. (!)
kirill2785 Posted - 12 Nov 2013 : 19:43:47
I don't think it's a proxy problem, anyway, the users shouldn't mess with those configurations.
this should be fixed.
it's irritating to select each and each movie result.
apd Posted - 07 Aug 2013 : 21:29:59
Maybe it's something you can solve by proxying, as mentioned in the Scripts section of the forum.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07