Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 script engine search problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  17:46:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello
If i remember correctly when i used to import films the script would search by title and the already filled year and show me results with that year.
NOW when it searches, it shows results including different years.
The device scanner automaicaly extracts the YEAR from the file name, so it's extremely useful because then whan script engine searches for movies and the option "automatically choose the first result" is on, XMM takes care of all, the movies are updated quickly and without the need for the user constantly overseeng the process.

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 12 Nov 2013 19:42:08

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2013 :  21:29:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe it's something you can solve by proxying, as mentioned in the Scripts section of the forum.
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2013 :  19:43:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think it's a proxy problem, anyway, the users shouldn't mess with those configurations.
this should be fixed.
it's irritating to select each and each movie result.

kirill2785

Edited by - kirill2785 on 22 Nov 2013 16:49:32
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  01:20:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please keep in mind that imdb is a moving target and does actually disallow users from scraping its contents.

The only legit way to personally make use of imdb data in batch mode are the offline data files imdb kindly provides.

If things go bump with imdb - wait and see. But don't expect the program to provide an *offical* way to "break" imdb. It should not. (!)

Edited by - yan00s on 23 Nov 2013 01:21:22
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2013 :  10:45:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i tried searching a movie title with it's year in the search line of the imdb.com site itself (no thru XMM), and it works, it shows only the movie title of that year (also shows tv-shows, video games, but this is already filtered by XMM). so it is possible to query the site with the year appended to the title.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  08:27:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will make a test and update the script if works correctly

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  19:58:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I checked with imdb.com (fastest) and it works. shows only movies with the exact year. (although it also shows "tv-series" in the results)
But can it be fixed on a seach engine level, not for a specific script?

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2013 :  14:34:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kirill2785

I checked with imdb.com (fastest) and it works. shows only movies with the exact year. (although it also shows "tv-series" in the results)
But can it be fixed on a seach engine level, not for a specific script?

If different scripts for the same site deliver different results with the same query it seems obvious to me that it's a script problem and not an issue with the code operating the script engine.

I don't think that there's something like a real search engine anyway - just some sort of pattern matching / field comparison is going on.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07