BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 device manager not searching all folders in tree

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edwin4321 Posted - 10 Aug 2013 : 21:07:47
hi it appears that the device manager is only going down one directory of sub folders and also that it is missing files this did not happen before the update thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ComZiz Posted - 26 Sep 2013 : 04:35:42
But it is running as administrator, everytime. =(
ComZiz Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 23:20:41
But it is running as administrator, everytime. =(
JustME Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 16:19:28
quote:
By the way, instead of having to do it after every update, I'm forced to do it every restart (xmm restart).

There is the biggest problem! You don't have permissions to make changes to the ini file.
The easiest way is to run the application as administrator and then you will have the full permissions necessary. Ale was going to setup permissions on the registry keys and ini file I thought, but for now, run it as administrator so it will save your changes
ComZiz Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 11:20:46
You guys are right, I did change the system language after XMM install. My list was like this;

MOV
WMV
AVI
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
XVID
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
AV?
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
D?VX
XV?D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
MOV
MOV
AV?
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
D?VX
XV?D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
?SO
ISO
?MG
IMG
ASF
ASF
M4V
TS

Now I changed my system language back to English and my list to this;

MOV
WMV
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
XVID
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
AVI
AV#304;
AV#304;

MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
D#304;VX
XVID
XV#304;D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
MOV
MOV
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DiVX
XViD
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
#304;SO
ISO
#304;MG
IMG
ASF
ASF
M4V
TS

and the device manager did find more movies, but still can not find my TV episodes (directory is included in scan).
I can add them using "Add tv episodes from files (Device Scanner)", but the Device Manager doesn't find them automatically.

Also i did add "avi" with lower case, to the list too but after clicking ok they're saved CAPTILIZED.

Which I think causes the issue.

By the way, instead of having to do it after every update, I'm forced to do it every restart (xmm restart).
JustME Posted - 25 Sep 2013 : 01:30:06
and make sure that ALL the file types are listed that you want to add, each update you have to reset it...
wellwet Posted - 24 Sep 2013 : 23:09:10
If your windows keyboard is not English, please check your file extensions from options. Sometimes AVI extensions becomes AV? cos of this keyboard problem, you must correct this each time yo add movies :(
ComZiz Posted - 23 Sep 2013 : 01:41:38
I think the issue is eighter with the database or the files themselves and NOT the XMM.

Because I notice that the SAME EXACT files can not be found by device manager.

But I can manually add them.

In case of the files being edited by any kind of software or windows permisions, I wanted to test it and I happen to have one of the problematic movies on a DVD (Burnt by someone else) I freshly copied it to the drive and XMM still can not see it.

So could it be about codecs or AVI headers or whatever?! Or may it be .NET or any other 3rd party helper... Who's to blame?!? =)

But seriously it gets so annoying, when I am forced to add %90 of my files one by one, which destroys the purpose of having eXtreme Movie ManaGer!

Cheers
ComZiz Posted - 22 Sep 2013 : 23:02:47
I got the same issue.

Recursive search is checked.

And device manager can not find some of the new files and folders. I just copied 10 files into my folder, ran device manager, started search. It only found 4 of them. All file types are the same, all attributes, file name styles and so on.

I got these written at the left bottom of the window:

Engine Status: Device Scanner: Scanner Ready
Scanning Folder :V:\Filmler\Woody Allen

"Woody Allen" is the LAST folder in there. And some of the movies I'm trying to add are in "V:\Filmler" (Root)

What can be the problem?
I had this problem for months now. And yesterday I re-installed Windows 7 & extreme movie manager's latest version. Still have this problem.
JustME Posted - 14 Aug 2013 : 13:55:21
If you are talking about the Device Scanner to import movies, look under the main tab, click on Files and open up the options. Once your options is open, select the Device Scanner tab at the top and ensure that the recursive search for movies and TV shows is checked.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07