BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 DVDManagment with xMM8 - a story of disappointment

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mawu Posted - 04 Mar 2013 : 17:30:01
March brings a new xMM version (8.0.5.0) and for me it was time to re-review xMM8 again. I'd put the new version aside before christmas and hoped now that maybe the easter bunny will become santa claus by providing me a fully developed movie manager. But for me nothing changed - all the problems still exist and make it unuseable:
- Media Language, Media Label and (Number of) Disks are still existing as data field doublettes in video tab.They are already available in audio and/or disks tab.
- dvd features import from xMM7 doesn't work, also import via script, because the features field only contains checkboxes; The only possible workflow: we get the extras field, import the features info from xMM7 into that field and edit the feature checkboxes manually.
- in audio tab there is no way to add an audio stream manually. When importing my old database audio info is merged always in one audio stream. As all data a already available now it would be easier to manually edit the multi-audio streams than to read all my dvd/blu-ray again (which doesn't work anyway)
- add original dvd doesn't work correctly (nonsense values are imported), for blu-ray there is no option at all
- quickedit is only a poor copy of the xMM7 version
- boxset support remains dissapointing: When importing the whole collection from xMM7 boxets now get an MovieID but are not sorted together with the associated movies; there is no solution for tv serie boxsets at all (association of more than one boxset to a serie or association of episodes/seasons to a boxset)
- cover print is missing
- exchange movies between databases is missing
- most of the old plugins are still not integrated

Conclusion: xMM 7.2.3.6 rulez, xMM8 is a troublemaker
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Mar 2013 : 03:34:46
Hello Mawu,

I am really sorry that XMM 8 is not like should be to fit your expectation.

The only thing I can write is that I will really do my best to include everything as soon as possible.

The last month for me was a pain, always out of home, few time to programming. I will try to spend more time on it.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07