Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 DVDManagment with xMM8 - a story of disappointment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2013 :  17:30:01  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
March brings a new xMM version (8.0.5.0) and for me it was time to re-review xMM8 again. I'd put the new version aside before christmas and hoped now that maybe the easter bunny will become santa claus by providing me a fully developed movie manager. But for me nothing changed - all the problems still exist and make it unuseable:
- Media Language, Media Label and (Number of) Disks are still existing as data field doublettes in video tab.They are already available in audio and/or disks tab.
- dvd features import from xMM7 doesn't work, also import via script, because the features field only contains checkboxes; The only possible workflow: we get the extras field, import the features info from xMM7 into that field and edit the feature checkboxes manually.
- in audio tab there is no way to add an audio stream manually. When importing my old database audio info is merged always in one audio stream. As all data a already available now it would be easier to manually edit the multi-audio streams than to read all my dvd/blu-ray again (which doesn't work anyway)
- add original dvd doesn't work correctly (nonsense values are imported), for blu-ray there is no option at all
- quickedit is only a poor copy of the xMM7 version
- boxset support remains dissapointing: When importing the whole collection from xMM7 boxets now get an MovieID but are not sorted together with the associated movies; there is no solution for tv serie boxsets at all (association of more than one boxset to a serie or association of episodes/seasons to a boxset)
- cover print is missing
- exchange movies between databases is missing
- most of the old plugins are still not integrated

Conclusion: xMM 7.2.3.6 rulez, xMM8 is a troublemaker

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2013 :  03:34:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Mawu,

I am really sorry that XMM 8 is not like should be to fit your expectation.

The only thing I can write is that I will really do my best to include everything as soon as possible.

The last month for me was a pain, always out of home, few time to programming. I will try to spend more time on it.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07