BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Title Sort

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jeff363 Posted - 07 Mar 2013 : 14:27:00
I noticed that the title does not sort correctly on films with numbers in their titles. I have added all of the Star Trek movies and they go from 1 to 12. The 10th, 11th and 12th titles show up after 1, rather than 9....It treats it like a text rather than a number.

Would be a good fix. BTW, it also happens if you use roman numerals
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jeff363 Posted - 09 Mar 2013 : 01:42:48
Well that was too easy!! It works fine....Thanks...
apd Posted - 08 Mar 2013 : 18:00:17
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

quote:
(The underline should be a blank.)

rocman Posted - 08 Mar 2013 : 14:39:57
I would use it this way (a zero is a nice number):

Star Trek 01
Star Trek 02
Star Trek 10
jeff363 Posted - 08 Mar 2013 : 12:46:06
I currently use blanks before the numbers, for example...Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan....it still does not sort it as a numeral, but rather an alpa....
JDommi Posted - 08 Mar 2013 : 12:32:21
quote:
(The underline should be a blank.)
apd Posted - 08 Mar 2013 : 10:45:03
You're right, of course.

But the use of an underscore would undermine the possibility to auto clean the filenames (or at least add extra manual work).
JDommi Posted - 07 Mar 2013 : 21:54:59
Have a look at Windows itself! Up to Windows ME, I think, the explorer sorted the files "correct" but since XP this doesn't work anymore and 11 is sorted between 1 and 2.

As yan00s already has said: an own algorithm for sorting every kind of enumeration would be too complex.

I haven't tried it yet but wwhat about Movie__1, Movie__2, ... Movie_10? (The underline should be a blank.) Will this blank char be sorted before or after the numerical value?
apd Posted - 07 Mar 2013 : 20:46:33
Well, in v7 we couldn't even sort length (duration) values without a plugin, so it's a step forward.
yan00s Posted - 07 Mar 2013 : 17:24:06
The grid itself doesn't provide "natural sorting" so it would mean additional coding (http://documentation.devexpress.com/#WindowsForms/CustomDocument692/SORTING_VIA_CODE).

If you want to apply this to roman numerals as well you'd need even more (!) coding. I'm afraid that's not a good idea at this moment of XMM8's life.

Of course, for arabic numerals you can always add a sufficient amount of zeros to help machine sorting look better. But then your titles may look a bit more ugly. Movie Saga 01. Hmm.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07