BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 TV show naming rules

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smeuning Posted - 11 Nov 2014 : 20:50:50
Hi

I'm new in this forum and this is my first post. I obtained XMM8 about 2 weeks ago and spend a few evenings experimenting with it.I ran into some trouble with importing TV-shows. I just want to understand if the directory structure and the filename needs to follow certain conventions for XMM8 to recognise properly the season and the indivudual episode numbers.
I found an example in thread http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12778&SearchTerms=TV,shows
Are we supposed to following this type of directory layout and file naming?
I just copied one TV show from my HTPC to another PC (running XMM8) and changed the filenames and directory structure according the example in abovelisted thread ( it's a 1 season show with episodes 1 till 10). The import function recognises the name of the show and the individual episodes names but not the seasons number and the episode number ( they remain 0 ). If I correct this manually then I can use the scripts to collect pictures, fanart etc.
Which rules do I need to follow for directory and filenaming? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 12 Nov 2014 : 22:41:46
Oops, haven't thought of this option. I thought that the S0xE0x option was the standard one.
smeuning Posted - 12 Nov 2014 : 21:28:05
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I could meanwhile resolve the issue.
In fact I overlooked an option. In the device scanner you can rightclick. This opens a panel with many options including a selection "Extract Title, Season and Number from Title"
The mask still had the default value, not suitable for my file naming.
The default mask was something like <SERIE> - <NUMBER>x<SEASON> - <TITLE>. I modified it to <SERIE> - S<SEASON>E<NUMBER> - <TITLE>.
Afterwards the import was OK including the correct season/episode.

JDommi Posted - 11 Nov 2014 : 23:30:20
I didn't have tested which combinations are recognized but I have used always "Showname - S0xE0x - Epsiodename" and I never get any problems with.
To keep every episode the same name I use the freeware "FileBot".
Which naming convention do you take when season/episode is always 0? Are you sure you don't import the episodes as movies? Keep in mind that there are different directories in the options to set.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07