BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Windows Firewall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mlashEMM Posted - 30 Dec 2015 : 22:36:17
XMM 8.0.4.8

I can not get win7 firewall to let XMM through (I suspect it's the firewall). I have went into the firewall "Add a Program or Feature..." and added XMM but it still doesn't access any of the database scripts such as IMDB.com. Please help. I am using Win7 home Premium 64bit addition. I'm using Webroot but upon install WR asked if I trusted and I chose it to be trusted. Anyway, I disabled Webroot and it still does not work.

The program installed fine and functions but when I try to update a movie with a script it there are no "directlinks" in the directlink list to choose from.

Thanks for any help.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 31 Dec 2015 : 11:27:56
Did XMM work before or was it a fresh installation?
Maybe any update that "blocks" XMM? Which OS do you have?
mlashEMM Posted - 31 Dec 2015 : 05:36:02
Yeah, I always run the program as admin too and I ran the installer as administrator as well. This is why I was thinking that it's my firewall. Thanks for the reply.
JDommi Posted - 30 Dec 2015 : 23:31:51
Maybe you have to start XMM as admin? Could depend on the location where you have installed the prog...
For myself I have Win7 Ultimate and I have installed the XMM as admin in the default directory. Needless to say that I always start it therefor with admin rights, too.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07