Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Windows Firewall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mlashEMM
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  22:36:17  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
XMM 8.0.4.8

I can not get win7 firewall to let XMM through (I suspect it's the firewall). I have went into the firewall "Add a Program or Feature..." and added XMM but it still doesn't access any of the database scripts such as IMDB.com. Please help. I am using Win7 home Premium 64bit addition. I'm using Webroot but upon install WR asked if I trusted and I chose it to be trusted. Anyway, I disabled Webroot and it still does not work.

The program installed fine and functions but when I try to update a movie with a script it there are no "directlinks" in the directlink list to choose from.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by - mlashEMM on 31 Dec 2015 05:35:21

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  23:31:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you have to start XMM as admin? Could depend on the location where you have installed the prog...
For myself I have Win7 Ultimate and I have installed the XMM as admin in the default directory. Needless to say that I always start it therefor with admin rights, too.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mlashEMM
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  05:36:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah, I always run the program as admin too and I ran the installer as administrator as well. This is why I was thinking that it's my firewall. Thanks for the reply.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  11:27:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did XMM work before or was it a fresh installation?
Maybe any update that "blocks" XMM? Which OS do you have?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07