BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 How to consolidate duplicate entries?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martel Posted - 25 Oct 2012 : 23:39:05
Bonjour,

I am new to this software (and by the way, I like it very much).

One of the problems I have is that after importing about 500 movies, I realise that the program create a few duplicate entries (for example I have 4 entries for "Peter O'Toole" in the "Actors" database.

Is there any way to consolidate them? I guess there is since there is a special filter to find them...

Also, (variation on the same question), in the "Country" field for the movies, I have a bunch of "USA" and a bunch of "United States of America", any way to consilidate them into "USA"?

Merci,
Yves
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martel Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 16:39:46
Hum...

Renaming the country field is not the same as consolidating both entries. It would still leave 2 separate ID for the countries. Granted if you do a sort, it would look the same since both USA and USA would be side by side, but since you are contemplating a function to "merge" duplicate actors and movies, wouldn't this be also a case of merging 2 values in the database?

Yves
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 15:41:38
Yes, you are right... I will try to add a function where you can select the fields to apply the changes.

Ale
JDommi Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 14:39:47
But maybe there is a situation in which such a replacement is not wished. As example I have seen a documentary called "The United States of America". That would be result in the Title "USA". I think that even in the Alphabetical Order that would make a little but fine difference.
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 13:34:46
Yes, you are right JDommi... but "United States of America" can be changed, not? I mean, even if in the plot there is "United States of America" it will be changed as USA, that is basically the same

Ale
JDommi Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 10:54:15
Outch, that would even change this phrase where it should not be changed. Like in title, plot or quotes!
Alessio Viti Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 08:26:31
Hello Martel,

I will make soon a function to "Merge" more actors together, in order to consolidate duplicates.

About the Country, you can use the "Fields Manager" function under the Tools menu.

Here use the "Replace a word on all fields" function.

Select all movies and then put the word to search "United States of America" and the new word "USA"

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07