BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Movies not saving

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jeff363 Posted - 09 Nov 2012 : 22:16:57
I am using the latest version and just realized that the movies that I add are not saving. I added 3 movies and got out of the program to go back in later. When I went in, I noticed that the 3 movies were not there?? I added them again and made some changes to them. I got out and back in and the movies were still there, but the changes did not take??

I am not doing anything different that I have ever done in the past, so I am not sure why it is not saving to the database??

Jeff
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Nov 2012 : 17:27:28
I will focus on that... I do not use to change data directly in the grid, this is why probably I have not found the bug

Ale
jeff363 Posted - 20 Nov 2012 : 14:37:17
I have updated to the latest version and I am still having issues with saving changes made directly to the grid. I get the error, "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". I then have to "repair" my database and it releases the error, but I have to re-input the change that caused the error to begin with. When I do re-enter, it does save at that point. Not sure if the magicscript process is not releasing the database in the right way for any future edits??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by jeff363

It seems that the update is saving the movies that I add through a search. However, if I manually edit a movie via the grid, for example, adding "DVD" to the location field, it sometimes does not save to the database when I exit the software....not sure why??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by alpakos0

Nope, never used it

jeff363 Posted - 17 Nov 2012 : 14:35:40
No, this is not the case right now. Initially, I was multi-tasking and then realized that the database does not save data if there is a directlink download in process. What I have been doing lately is adding/editing movies separately (not simultaneously).

I added 5 movies through the directlink process (individually) and then decided to get out of the software to see if they got saved. When I went back in, only 2 of the 5 got saved??

My other issue is that of the 2 that were saved, I edited the data through the grid and the change was not saved. However, sometime they are....no logic there either.

BTW - Just a thought, is there any way that when a directlink is done downloading, that it can keep the movie edit box open? I usually have to go in and update various data points and it is a pain to go and try to find the movie to reopen it....Just a quirk, no big deal

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

I have made new tests and probably I have found something interesting...

I have create a new movie... I have just give it the title, Matrix, then I have click on the Update from web...

The engine ask to select the directlink, I have select it.

Now as you know the Edit window close automatically to import the movie in background...

During this time I have edit the movie again and I have change a custom field. I have click on OK.

I have wait until the Script Engine finish to import info from internet...

At the end of import the previous data I have enter is gone.

[REASON]
When MagicScript start to import a movie it "freeze" the content of this movie and save in a Buffer.... when the import is finished, magicScript use the data inside the buffer to save the movie.

the result is that every change you have made during this time get lost...

As you can see if you click on the edit window during an import there is a warning in red that info you that the movie is currently imported by magicscript...

Please let me know if this is the case, I can try to find a workaround.

Ale

alpakos0 Posted - 17 Nov 2012 : 13:00:28
I never edit fields while importing info with the script :)
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Nov 2012 : 10:47:20
Hello,

I have made new tests and probably I have found something interesting...

I have create a new movie... I have just give it the title, Matrix, then I have click on the Update from web...

The engine ask to select the directlink, I have select it.

Now as you know the Edit window close automatically to import the movie in background...

During this time I have edit the movie again and I have change a custom field. I have click on OK.

I have wait until the Script Engine finish to import info from internet...

At the end of import the previous data I have enter is gone.

[REASON]
When MagicScript start to import a movie it "freeze" the content of this movie and save in a Buffer.... when the import is finished, magicScript use the data inside the buffer to save the movie.

the result is that every change you have made during this time get lost...

As you can see if you click on the edit window during an import there is a warning in red that info you that the movie is currently imported by magicscript...

Please let me know if this is the case, I can try to find a workaround.

Ale
Alessio Viti Posted - 17 Nov 2012 : 10:26:48
Hello,

Just to understand better: you mean that 2 where saved with the new information and 3 not? or that you have add 5 movies but now you have only 2 in the database?

Alessio
jeff363 Posted - 16 Nov 2012 : 16:44:33
I would not think that it is the wrong field format as it works sometimes and not others.....There is no rhyme or reason, really...

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Seems as if some manually inputs would destroy the possibility of the dataset's insertion.
Wrong field format?

JDommi Posted - 16 Nov 2012 : 15:56:42
Seems as if some manually inputs would destroy the possibility of the dataset's insertion.
Wrong field format?
jeff363 Posted - 16 Nov 2012 : 15:09:48
Unfortunately, I have to add to my previous post. I went to add 5 movies this morning and found out that only 2 of them got saved. Of the 2 that were saved, I added "DVD" to the location field and that did not save (via grid edit). I have not gone back into the program again to add the missing 3. I am concerned that my efforts might be wasted as I don't know what is being saved or not??

Jeff
quote:

That's exactly what happens to me after the last update.

alpakos0 Posted - 16 Nov 2012 : 13:22:58
That's exactly what happens to me after the last update.
jeff363 Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 21:36:53
It seems that the update is saving the movies that I add through a search. However, if I manually edit a movie via the grid, for example, adding "DVD" to the location field, it sometimes does not save to the database when I exit the software....not sure why??

Jeff
quote:

Nope, never used it

alpakos0 Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 11:54:38
Nope, never used it
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 11:35:37
OK, I have change a thing in the software, will be in next release.

I hope this time works.

Ale

PS: Just another question... have you add movies with Device Scanner?
alpakos0 Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 09:32:31
No errors at all, not in my case.
Alessio Viti Posted - 15 Nov 2012 : 08:57:58
Thank you Guys, I am making tests to reproduce it...

have you notice other error messages or whatever?

Ale
Dalibor Šerfel Posted - 14 Nov 2012 : 17:26:42
Me too. Sometimes it saves, sometimes not.
alpakos0 Posted - 14 Nov 2012 : 05:20:32
Seems you are not alone. I've been having the same problem ever since I installed XMM8..
Alessio Viti Posted - 13 Nov 2012 : 08:30:12
Thank you, I will make some tests...

The error message is useful, I will try to figure it out why happens.

Ale
jeff363 Posted - 12 Nov 2012 : 19:35:02
I simply add the movies from the online query and add additional data to each movie manually. As I go from one movie to another, I assume they get saved to the database. I leave the program and return later to find that the movies I have added are not there. I did notice a vague error message that I get on some of the additions that I make. I am not sure if this error message is the cause for the data not being saved to the database, but worth mentioning. It is - "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". Is this related?

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

Please try explain what you have done.

You have insert 5 TV Shows... then you have import it later?

Or you have insert and import the info directly one by one when you was in the Edit window?

Ale

Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Nov 2012 : 16:40:29
Hello,

Please try explain what you have done.

You have insert 5 TV Shows... then you have import it later?

Or you have insert and import the info directly one by one when you was in the Edit window?

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.39 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07