Movies not saving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2012 :  22:16:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am using the latest version and just realized that the movies that I add are not saving. I added 3 movies and got out of the program to go back in later. When I went in, I noticed that the 3 movies were not there?? I added them again and made some changes to them. I got out and back in and the movies were still there, but the changes did not take??

I am not doing anything different that I have ever done in the past, so I am not sure why it is not saving to the database??

Jeff

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  00:28:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested it with the latest version 8.0.2.2 and there are no problems.
Where do you have located your database and which OS do you have? Is it a new database or do you have firstly imported your old database?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  14:22:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am using Windows 8 Pro and used the database that I imported from the older version of EMM. I do have the database in a different location. However, it does eventually save the data, but not always the first time it is inputted.

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

I just have tested it with the latest version 8.0.2.2 and there are no problems.
Where do you have located your database and which OS do you have? Is it a new database or do you have firstly imported your old database?

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  17:39:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange, for me it worked directly. Input movie, get data and save DB. Under Win7.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  17:50:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sometimes I see the program "saving Database" when I exit. Other times, it exits quickly and I am not sure if it is saving data??

There is no rhyme or reason on this one...

Jeff
quote:

Strange, for me it worked directly. Input movie, get data and save DB. Under Win7.

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  18:43:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just for the record: I'm using XMM (8.0.2.3 at the moment) on Win 8 Pro x64.

- XMM resides in the standard Programs(x86) folder
- XMM runs with Administrator privileges [... bad thing, I know]
- DB (converted from XMM 7) resides on a different drive

Putting aside obvious program hangs I didn't experience any losses / missing records so far.

Have you guys noticed anything unusual like even so the XMM window closes the application is still running in the background (should be visible in Task Manager / all processes); any strange event log entries associated to XMM?

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2012 :  20:43:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, not so far...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2012 :  15:01:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have downloaded the latest version and I don't seem to be having the "saving" problem.....I am going to keep an eye on each one that I add to ensure that it stays in the database....Fingers crossed..

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by jeff363

Sometimes I see the program "saving Database" when I exit. Other times, it exits quickly and I am not sure if it is saving data??

There is no rhyme or reason on this one...

Jeff
quote:

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2012 :  17:10:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I Hope so, too

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2012 :  22:28:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I got too excited on that one. I went to save about 5 shows (which took a while with the episodes) and got out of the program to update to version 24. Went back in and the shows are gone! :( I wish I knew what was happening and where they went??

Jeff
quote:

I Hope so, too

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  16:40:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please try explain what you have done.

You have insert 5 TV Shows... then you have import it later?

Or you have insert and import the info directly one by one when you was in the Edit window?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  19:35:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I simply add the movies from the online query and add additional data to each movie manually. As I go from one movie to another, I assume they get saved to the database. I leave the program and return later to find that the movies I have added are not there. I did notice a vague error message that I get on some of the additions that I make. I am not sure if this error message is the cause for the data not being saved to the database, but worth mentioning. It is - "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". Is this related?

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

Please try explain what you have done.

You have insert 5 TV Shows... then you have import it later?

Or you have insert and import the info directly one by one when you was in the Edit window?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2012 :  08:30:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I will make some tests...

The error message is useful, I will try to figure it out why happens.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

alpakos0
Starting Member

Greece
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  05:20:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Seems you are not alone. I've been having the same problem ever since I installed XMM8..
Go to Top of Page

Dalibor Šerfel
Starting Member

Slovakia
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  17:26:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Me too. Sometimes it saves, sometimes not.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  08:57:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Guys, I am making tests to reproduce it...

have you notice other error messages or whatever?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

alpakos0
Starting Member

Greece
18 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  09:32:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No errors at all, not in my case.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  11:35:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I have change a thing in the software, will be in next release.

I hope this time works.

Ale

PS: Just another question... have you add movies with Device Scanner?

Go to Top of Page

alpakos0
Starting Member

Greece
18 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nope, never used it
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  21:36:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems that the update is saving the movies that I add through a search. However, if I manually edit a movie via the grid, for example, adding "DVD" to the location field, it sometimes does not save to the database when I exit the software....not sure why??

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by alpakos0

Nope, never used it

Go to Top of Page

alpakos0
Starting Member

Greece
18 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  13:22:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's exactly what happens to me after the last update.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07