BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Search problems

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
washandgo Posted - 12 Dec 2012 : 01:53:09
pity that google does not translate well ....
In Spain there are films that have multiple titles. is complex. sometimes not resemble a literal translation. Search by title malfunctioned. the box to changes (marked in green). does not work well.
when failing the first search box and modify the search continues as before

I know I'm a bummer (coņazo)

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 Feb 2013 : 03:36:31
Yes, this can be done (I mean search by google).

About the Year in the search string, I will add the tag #YEAR# that can be used to Webquery.

Ale
yan00s Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 16:41:59
I wonder if it's possible to add the year of the movie to the search string? This would improve results, at least it does for the example above.

Another possible solution could be to use google directly for the search (as Filmaffinity is doing already). With a google search string like this [ allintitle: "Moon (2009)" site:filmaffinity.com/es/ ] you'd get the searched movie as the first result. Not sure if the allintitle operator does any good - maybe.
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 11:28:14
Hello and sorry for delay!

In order to use the weblink that you put manually we need to change the script. Actually IMDB works in that way.

Ale
hergal79 Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 07:50:35
My problem seems to be the same that: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9635
hergal79 Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 06:41:45
I take the opportunity to ask about a problem I have with the script filmaffinity.com.txt.
When the search has many results, you cant choose the link from the movie because there is a limitation on the number of results. For example, I look for "Moon (2009)"(In the webpage of Filmaffinity is the only name):

As can be seen, fails to show up in the results because it only goes up to somewhere in 2009 ...
Then I tried searching the web and directly paste the link in the Web tab to force it to use:

But it does not work. The script does not use the weblink.

It's pretty common in movies with common words in their names, but much worse if the films are rather old.

Is there any solution?

Alessio Viti Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 15:45:37
Hello,

Its a script problem, I will try to fix.

If you use FILMAFFINITY it seem to work correctly.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07