Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Search problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

washandgo

Spain
257 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2012 :  01:53:09  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
pity that google does not translate well ....
In Spain there are films that have multiple titles. is complex. sometimes not resemble a literal translation. Search by title malfunctioned. the box to changes (marked in green). does not work well.
when failing the first search box and modify the search continues as before

I know I'm a bummer (coņazo)

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  15:45:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Its a script problem, I will try to fix.

If you use FILMAFFINITY it seem to work correctly.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  06:41:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I take the opportunity to ask about a problem I have with the script filmaffinity.com.txt.
When the search has many results, you cant choose the link from the movie because there is a limitation on the number of results. For example, I look for "Moon (2009)"(In the webpage of Filmaffinity is the only name):

As can be seen, fails to show up in the results because it only goes up to somewhere in 2009 ...
Then I tried searching the web and directly paste the link in the Web tab to force it to use:

But it does not work. The script does not use the weblink.

It's pretty common in movies with common words in their names, but much worse if the films are rather old.

Is there any solution?

Edited by - hergal79 on 14 Feb 2013 06:48:23
Go to Top of Page

hergal79
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  07:50:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My problem seems to be the same that: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9635
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  11:28:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello and sorry for delay!

In order to use the weblink that you put manually we need to change the script. Actually IMDB works in that way.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  16:41:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wonder if it's possible to add the year of the movie to the search string? This would improve results, at least it does for the example above.

Another possible solution could be to use google directly for the search (as Filmaffinity is doing already). With a google search string like this [ allintitle: "Moon (2009)" site:filmaffinity.com/es/ ] you'd get the searched movie as the first result. Not sure if the allintitle operator does any good - maybe.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  03:36:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, this can be done (I mean search by google).

About the Year in the search string, I will add the tag #YEAR# that can be used to Webquery.

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07