BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Magic Script Editor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kipcior Posted - 10 Feb 2013 : 21:52:40
Can someone tell me how the hell this magic script editor built in XMM works?? I'm trying to change one script but it's really confusing when you make some changes in the script which are not reflected in the debug session. Looks like the editor does not take into account any changes made in the script unless I restart the whole XMM (???). Does it mean it loads the script into the memory and uses it till the end of XMM session?? Really it's not workable. I even tried to load other script and then reload again changed script and it does not help, still it runs the script in its previous version. Which is more strange when I stop debugging (script window becomes white instead of greyed during the debugging) I can see the most current/changed version. It does not make sense. Please help.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pegas Posted - 30 Mar 2013 : 20:43:42
quote:
Originally posted by rocman

In the meantime I test with Magic Script Editor from XMM7 because the editor from XMM8 is a bit useless:

- changes are only applied after restart of whole XMM8
- I don't see the actual content from selected websiteline
- Alt+n is not working (step-by-step)

+100500
I think this is the most critical shortcomings of XMM8 which must be resolved in the first instance
Alessio Viti Posted - 21 Mar 2013 : 11:03:31
Yes, you are right, in this case you have to stop the script completely and restart it.

I will try to fix.

Ale
jjohnbubbles Posted - 20 Mar 2013 : 18:57:22
The way I have found to do step by step in xmm 8 is to hit the pause button, then execute, then the step by step button becomes functional. Then if you un-pause it runs through the whole script at full speed.
Alessio Viti Posted - 20 Mar 2013 : 10:30:39
I will take a look now...

Ale
rocman Posted - 19 Mar 2013 : 23:07:48
In the meantime I test with Magic Script Editor from XMM7 because the editor from XMM8 is a bit useless:

- I don't see the actual content from selected websiteline
- Alt+n is not working (step-by-step)
- changes are only applied after restart of whole XMM8
- the running overlay window behaviour is weird
- breakpoints are not always working
- The usability is a bit complicated, for example to execute a script step-by-step you have to click on break (before executing) and than you have to click on "run script automatically". After that you can execute it step-by-step.
jjohnbubbles Posted - 18 Mar 2013 : 20:36:14
Has there been any work on this issue, with xmm requiring a full restart to apply any changes made to a script in the script editor? I'm now on 8.0.5.0

I'm trying to fix some broken scripts but it's really making it take a long time having to restart to test changes.
jjohnbubbles Posted - 19 Feb 2013 : 14:36:09
Perfect, thank you!
Alessio Viti Posted - 19 Feb 2013 : 06:25:37
You should add this to the script, to use the old donwload engine:

#USEOLDENGINE#=TRUE

Ale
jjohnbubbles Posted - 18 Feb 2013 : 17:34:35
I thought a good workaround to this would be to script in 7 and then bring them into 8. While I can script just fine in 7, when I load the script in 8 it fails to work.

The particular problem is on the CDuniverse script. In 7 it creates the movieslist, in 8 it fails to find the first line on the html and exits the movie list creation. Same script. Has something changed in these commands between 7 and 8 or is this a bug in the v8 editor?
jjohnbubbles Posted - 15 Feb 2013 : 15:42:21
No, saving doesn't make a difference. In the editor window it's correct, but when you execute the 'greyed out' text is still the original version from when you first opened the script, prior to any changes.

The only way to get it to update is to save and then shut down and restart the script editor. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to restart all of xmm.

I know XMM is a beast of a program, it is very useful and I appreciate the scripting tools that you've given us. Keep up the great work on this, Alessio!
Kipcior Posted - 15 Feb 2013 : 00:40:42
Sorry to say but I also tried to save before executing/debugging and with no effect. Still during debugging old source code is running and in edit mode all changes are visible.
Alessio Viti Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 11:25:41
Hello Guys,

the editor should work correctly. Please be sure to save the script (by pressing the save button) before execute it.

If this is the problem I can automatize this process..

Ale
lordkiwi Posted - 14 Feb 2013 : 04:18:26
I just logged in to report on this my self. I intended to update my DVD Empire script and I found the Magic Script Editor is un usable in XMM8
jjohnbubbles Posted - 12 Feb 2013 : 16:48:45
Oh yes, I'm on 8.0.4.8
jjohnbubbles Posted - 12 Feb 2013 : 16:48:04
I just logged in to reflect on this same question.

I'm trying to fix a few scripts that are not functional. When I make changes they look good in the edit mode, but as soon as I try and run the script the script that it runs is the one I had pre change. Saving the script doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes I have to close and reopen just the script editor, other times I have to restart all of xmm.

Would love a fix to this :) Makes it really hard to test simple changes.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07