BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 selective backup of movies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kreek001 Posted - 28 Jun 2013 : 20:06:26
I guess most users of XMM have got quite a collection of movies. Some are easy to get by, and some very hard or even irreplacable if lost (home-movies etc).
Is it possible to include a field in the metadata of a movie which marks it for backup, and then use a button to run a backup of the selected files to a specified location?
That way you only backup the movies you want and don’t need to mirror everything which costs a large amount of diskspace.
I’ve been playing around with the file-manager since it has the movie-ID’s attached to the files, but that’s undoable for more than a couple of movies.
Since in my case all movies are scattered across several disks on several machines it's also a lot of work to copy a subset of movies to a separate folder which then can be backed up.

Since a backup is also a part of management I hope you like the idea.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 28 Jun 2013 : 23:55:35
Maybe I'm too tired at the moment, but I don't understand if you think of the database or the movies itself.
When thinking of the database it's only possible by exporting one (or more) filtered list(s). But if you mean the movies itself - in my opinion that's not the job of a database. You could only export this list to a text file and change it to a batch after adding the specific paths and copy commands.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07