Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 selective backup of movies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kreek001
Starting Member

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2013 :  20:06:26  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I guess most users of XMM have got quite a collection of movies. Some are easy to get by, and some very hard or even irreplacable if lost (home-movies etc).
Is it possible to include a field in the metadata of a movie which marks it for backup, and then use a button to run a backup of the selected files to a specified location?
That way you only backup the movies you want and don’t need to mirror everything which costs a large amount of diskspace.
I’ve been playing around with the file-manager since it has the movie-ID’s attached to the files, but that’s undoable for more than a couple of movies.
Since in my case all movies are scattered across several disks on several machines it's also a lot of work to copy a subset of movies to a separate folder which then can be backed up.

Since a backup is also a part of management I hope you like the idea.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2013 :  23:55:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe I'm too tired at the moment, but I don't understand if you think of the database or the movies itself.
When thinking of the database it's only possible by exporting one (or more) filtered list(s). But if you mean the movies itself - in my opinion that's not the job of a database. You could only export this list to a text file and change it to a batch after adding the specific paths and copy commands.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07