BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 New platforms requested!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lorroberty Posted - 09 Feb 2014 : 01:53:02
Dear Alessio and fellow Extreme Movie Manager Users,

I am using Movie Manager since 2008 and I have always been a big fan of it.
Nowadays I see software's and user's world changing and I think it is time make some major change in Extreme Movie Manager too. Many people now have a smartphone so they will need an app with the movies they want to see, more than the movies they already have; if you still have a collection (like me) you will browse through it with your smartphone on the street and with your pc at work and maybe a Mac at home, therefore I need a software that could sync between different devices.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mawu Posted - 11 Feb 2014 : 12:53:29
I seriously doubt that multi-platform xMM is realistic at the moment. xMM8 still has many many bugs and is missing several features from xMM7. Since 1 year there is only little improvement.
There are many possible target platforms: iOS, Android, Windows8, Windows Phone. And there is also xMuM, XBM, XGM.... Imho more than a fulltime job for one programmer.
Second problem: When you take a closer look at the comepetitors (DVD Profiler, myMovies, Movie Collector)you will see that they all follow a complete different approach. They all have one central movie database, which is generated by the customers. There is no grabbing from online sources. You have the limit of already predetermined data sets, but you are able to synchromize them very easily between the devices. With xMM you only can export data and use a viewer app on other devices (like the Android app). But this is very basic, the competitors are head and shoulders above xMM concerning the mobile platform support. My suggestions for xMM: Implementation of a simple REST based interface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer) or something similar allowing applications to access/synchronize the movie collection when xMM is running. And maybe external programmers can do the job of developing the convenient apps.
Alessio Viti Posted - 10 Feb 2014 : 10:59:20
Hello,

You are right, we have already start to make our own app, but this takes time, I don't know when will be ready.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07