Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 New platforms requested!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lorroberty
Starting Member

Italy
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2014 :  01:53:02  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear Alessio and fellow Extreme Movie Manager Users,

I am using Movie Manager since 2008 and I have always been a big fan of it.
Nowadays I see software's and user's world changing and I think it is time make some major change in Extreme Movie Manager too. Many people now have a smartphone so they will need an app with the movies they want to see, more than the movies they already have; if you still have a collection (like me) you will browse through it with your smartphone on the street and with your pc at work and maybe a Mac at home, therefore I need a software that could sync between different devices.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  10:59:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

You are right, we have already start to make our own app, but this takes time, I don't know when will be ready.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2014 :  12:53:29  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I seriously doubt that multi-platform xMM is realistic at the moment. xMM8 still has many many bugs and is missing several features from xMM7. Since 1 year there is only little improvement.
There are many possible target platforms: iOS, Android, Windows8, Windows Phone. And there is also xMuM, XBM, XGM.... Imho more than a fulltime job for one programmer.
Second problem: When you take a closer look at the comepetitors (DVD Profiler, myMovies, Movie Collector)you will see that they all follow a complete different approach. They all have one central movie database, which is generated by the customers. There is no grabbing from online sources. You have the limit of already predetermined data sets, but you are able to synchromize them very easily between the devices. With xMM you only can export data and use a viewer app on other devices (like the Android app). But this is very basic, the competitors are head and shoulders above xMM concerning the mobile platform support. My suggestions for xMM: Implementation of a simple REST based interface (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer) or something similar allowing applications to access/synchronize the movie collection when xMM is running. And maybe external programmers can do the job of developing the convenient apps.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 11 Feb 2014 13:54:08
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07