BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Data Fields & Edit Window -Part II

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mawu Posted - 18 Sep 2012 : 15:04:24
Hi Alessio,

in the other thread I made some suggestions concerning the new arrangement of data fields and after the last alpha brought only some changes and no real improvements I want to extend now my suggestions (although maybe nobody want to hear it). The aim is: reduction of complexity, improvements in database design.

Main tab: boxset and upc can switch to DVD/VHS tab; optionally director can switch back. It's logical to put it to cast&crew, but directors have a special position.

cast&Crew: see other thread, IMDB-ID should come back from xMM7, other crew members should be added, tables need column headlines

Details: Number of awards doesn't need an own field, number can be listed in awards field, studio and distributor should have the same multiple field like cast&crew

Details2: Editor belongs to Cast&Crew (can be deleted and editor listed in "Other crew" table), Repisotory is for what?

Media: Split in "Audio&Subtitle" and "Video" tab according to my posting in other thread

DVD/VHS: see also other thread, Starting Position and Free Time can be cancelled (modern vsh recorders don't have number counters, free time can't be calculated automatically in xMM, therefore it's useless). VHS fans can use the custom fields for that stuff. What is Video DVD field for? What is keywords field for?(Keywords should switch to another tab and used for IMDB plot keywords or renamed into extras to list extras like http://www.preisburner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Harry-Potter-Collectors-Edition.jpg). In the other thread I made some suggestions concerning the DVD features. The aim of this is simple: I want to filter my DVD/Blu-ray according to DVD features, e.g. all releases with direcor's comment (when this can be realized with existing on-board means, there is no improvement neccessary); media year should be media date.

Fictures/Frames: ok, maybe merge this two tabs

Web: ok, WebID=IMDB-ID?
Custom: ok, will more custom fields appear? (I've read something in the language file) Yes, I will add back all 11 custom fields

Personal: I want to have an addiotonal field "Gift" with checkbox for media that were not purchased, purchase price should support curreny, see details should be extended (seen history, multiple data entries)

Files: File/Trailer table need column headlines, disc table according to my posting in the other thread should be integrated (multiple disc support), renaming into Files&Discs

Bye Byte and Happy Coding
Mawu
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alessio Viti Posted - 12 Oct 2012 : 13:28:57
Sorry guys, I haven't answer yet because I haven't work on this.

I hope to do next week.

Thank you!!
kirill2785 Posted - 11 Oct 2012 : 12:57:26
Alessio, what do you think of all suggested here?
Mawu Posted - 08 Oct 2012 : 14:40:16
quote:
does "video mode" in video is it the SP/LP/EP?

yes
quote:
does "Video Standard" mean PAL/SECAM/NTSC? (correct me)

yes
quote:
what "Media Language" means? can be more than one?

This field is obsolete as you can find it now in the audio tab in the table. Yes of course, there can be more than one audio stream on a dvd.

quote:
Video DVD?

Nobody knows

quote:
what is "repository"?

It was originaly used in the Custom 4 Field to input where the media is stored like in a DVD Suite, in a spindle or in a racket, etc.On the card there are also existing pics for those kinds of storage.

quote:
what the soundtrack list in audio tab is for?

For a list of all tracks on the original motion picture soundtrack. Can be grabbed on IMDB.

quote:
in the main tab, the MPAA field: MPAA is only for US (Motion Picture Association of America) and only for films,for television there are "Television content rating systems". maybe it should be named "Rating", though it can be confused with imdb rating so maybe "Rating System"

You can change the labeling in the language file. In germany for example this rating is called FSK.

Bye Byte
Mawu
kirill2785 Posted - 08 Oct 2012 : 14:04:42
thanks, didn't see it, now i do. but the combo won't open though.
in the current arrangement can the vhs fields at least be moved to the bottom?
does "video mode" in video is it the SP/LP/EP?
does "Video Standard" mean PAL/SECAM/NTSC?
if so can they be combos?
"Packaging", "Region" , "Screen Ratio" are also more convenient as a combos.
what "Media Language" means? can be more than one?
Video DVD?
in the loan information (personal tab) shouldn't there be a return date?
what is "repository"?
what the soundtrack list in audio tab is for?
in the main tab, the MPAA field: MPAA is only for US (Motion Picture Association of America) and only for films,for television there are "Television content rating systems". maybe it should be named "Rating", though it can be confused with imdb rating so maybe "Rating System"
Mawu Posted - 08 Oct 2012 : 11:23:14
@kirill2785
media type is on main tab

For me the current arrangement is better as there is a clear cut between audio stream, video stream and dvd/blu-ray related items. VHS is just a relic from the stone age. We shouldn't care about this 2-3 data fields.
kirill2785 Posted - 08 Oct 2012 : 03:29:30
10) "audio language" is fine too
another thing concerning the audio tab: i can see that when you import a film from imdb it imports the audio sound mix into the audio tab and that seems incorrect. we must Separate the audio sound mix in which the movie was filmed and the audio stream that came from the file. i think there was a confusion, in xmm7 this was correct. there was an "audio format" in the media tab which contained the audio of the file, and there was and "audio format" in the DVD/VHS tab which contained the original film's audio info. i think that the films original audio format (sound mix in imdb) should be placed in the "details 3" tab, there also space left there anyway.also that filter at the bottom of the table shouldn't be visible because some one can "play" with it and see in this movies audio details of other movies (same goes for the "disks" tab).
7) ok, not one tab but two:
Media
Edition
Packaging
Media Release Date
UPC
Boxset
Film/Video/Audio Quality
Media Language
Screen Ratio
Original
Media Type (VHS,CD-R,DVD-R...) cant find it in XMM8, was in 7.
Video Standard

Technical Specs
DVD/Bluray
Media Label
Codec
Bitrate
Chapters
Features
FPS
Resolution

or

VHS
Video Mode
Free Time
Starting Position

or

Files (hard drive, cds, etc..)
same fields as in DVD and bluray but without chapters and features.

12) the film/video/audio quality should be something like the personal rating, so people would know what is the lowest and highest value.
Saphir Posted - 07 Oct 2012 : 14:34:22
1) to switch the covers with an arrow on the main page I find a good idea. If I need a bigger window I still can open the picture manager.
2) I don't know what you mean
3) you are right
4) yes it looks complex and not very nice but for me it's more a thing of space. I don't need to see the "ID" and "WebID" I only want to see what is from interest for me, that makes it much more clear. I think the fields are not large enough to read them properly. Also it's not on the first view to see which list inserts what. It would be easier if there would be a main title above every list. I too thing that not all the "Add, Edit,..." buttons should be shown immediately that makes the tab hard to read. A button where I can activate them would be nice.
5) Maybe "Awards" could be named in "Awards Name" and the "Awards Number" field is far to small.
6) see mawu
7)No not again everything in one tab. But I would like if the VHS fields would be arranged together with written VHS on top.Than everyone can see ahhh VHS fields and can deside if he needs it or not. In the "Audio" tab it would be nice if there was the possibility to add a Audio Codec and if there was a comment field for each codec.
8) I agree
9) I like the subtitles how they are now
10) why not "Audio Language"?
11) what me scarred in the beginning was not how many tabs but the few tabs which where to full. btw for what is Language in the "Details 3"? The original language?
Mawu Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 22:35:49
@kirill2785

6) Concerning the movie features the original intention was to have additional fields for video stream features: Color, 3D, all the format stuff. Therefore it better belongs to the video tab. Alessio didn't want to have too many data fields for every single item, therefore all the discussed additional parameters for video stream were put into one "movie features" field. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but a solution I can live with.
7) I think we now have a clear separation audio, video, DVD/VHS (ok, the one or other field has to be shifted, see my other suggestions). Subtitle is imho strongly connected to the audio streams therefore it should remain in the audio tab
8) you are right
11) sub-tab are more complex imho. It's better to have 1-2 more tabs than tabs that are overcrowded.

By<e byte
Mawu
kirill2785 Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 19:36:36
Hello guys, just installed the beta, here is what i think:
i agree with MAWU on most of them.
i'll go tab by tab:
1) first of all the PICTURES tab is not necessary. you can make a scroll button in the main tab under the front cover to switch between front, back, fanart and screenshots like so:
Total Covers: | 1/2 | Front Cover | ->
the arrow can switch between front back etc...
2) the word "min" should be added to the length next to the number.in XMM7 the length was imported from imdb with the word min (minutes). i don't know if the imdb.com script was changed or XMM8 chanegs this.
3) rating: it's not always clear where the rating came from so maybe next to the rating, in brackets, it should say the name of the site from whitch it was taken from. if it was manually filled than no brackets.
4) the way each cast and crew look with all the options visible (add, edit, delete...) looks complex and awful. i suggest to show them the old way, one text field with only the name (for multiple names separated by |, except actors which should be in a list) AND a button on the right side of the textbox to open or show the edit mode which should look like it does now. that includes (as mawu suggested) the studio and distributor fields.
5) DETAILS tab: "Awards" and "Award Number" very confusing. whats the difference? in the award number field it contains not only the a number but how many winds etc maybe the should be switched?
6) details 3 tab: "Movie Features"? what is the purpose to what kind of features does it refer? can be confused with the DVD/BLURAY features.
7) suggest to once and for all to organize the video/audio/DVD tabs:
i think they should be combined into one tab, or maximum two. that tab should contain first of all the info concerning the Media: Edition, Packaging, Media Release Date, Original,UPC, Boxset, Screen Ratio,
Media Language, film/video/audio Quality . All of these are common to all media types DVD,BLURAY,VHS. The rest of the fields are individual the the media type. VHS fields: Video Mode, Video Standard (?), Free Time, Starting Position. DVD/BLURAY/files fields: codec, bitrate, ripper (only for files), resolution, Audio Streams (audio tab), media label, features. it wouldn't be correct to have all those fields for every film. if the film is on VHS i would only want to see fields connected to VHS and not see the optical media type fields, and vice versa, if the film is on the hard drive or on dvd i should't see for example starting position and free time fields, there should be a check box or something to choose the media type. it can mean that there is change needed to the access tables and relationships.
8) the field "disks" in the video tab is not needed anymore as you have the disks tab that shows you the number of disks.
9) subtitles in the "audio" tab: it it means the separate srt,txt... files than should be moved to the "files" tab. if it means DVD,BLURAY,MKV titles than the fields should be together with the audio streams in some kind of language section in one of the tabs.
10) in the audio tab there is a "media language" column. it should be named "stream language", but there is a problem. when i select audio streams by a video player i can see streams: mandarin [Chinese], Cantonese [Chinese] etc but in XMM8 it shows both as "Chinese".
11) the 3 Details tabs should somehow be merged into one, maybe one details tab with 3 subtabs, or a scroll option. it seems like too many tabs which can scare a beginner user.
Saphir Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 02:39:56
no no mawu, I like the changes you asked for they are really good. But I think it's not easy to get the old database in your new fields in the way they should be in there. And yes the data are in the same fields, but they shouldn't be in the same fields anymore or?

Ja der bin ich mawu, die Welt ist klein
Mawu Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 01:04:02
@Saphir
I think with all my feature requests I'm responsible for all the changes in XMM you dislike
But imho the way XMM8 now handles the audio streams is much better. And the data are stored in the same fields than before.
Btw.: Bist du der Saphir aus dem Helium-Forum?
Saphir Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 00:24:55
I think to get a proper import there is a lot of handwork involved :-( If I make a re-read I have to use extra time and my changes are gone :-(
Mawu Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 23:08:10
@Alessio

I think for media language and Audio Format the fields are generally comma-separated. Maybe you can split them into the corresponding Streams.
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 22:42:07
Yes, its not easy... the best way would be re-read codec, otherwise during conversion I tyr to create audio tracks from the "flat" data inside XMM 7
Saphir Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 22:39:46
This is right. I'm wondering from where in the XMM 7 database XMM 8 will know how much tracks I have.
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 22:26:43
Ok, I will take a look... this is the converted db from V 7, right?
Saphir Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 22:09:57
And this is wrong Alessio. I have two Audio Tracks which you can see in "Audio Codec".
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 17:49:43
Yes, its OK... I mean that for this movie you have only one audio track. If you load a movie with more audio tracks it will be listed here.
Saphir Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 16:21:27
Thanks Alessio.

I don't really understand how the "Audio" tab is working. In the picture you can see how the import is looking but that can't be how it should be or?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt9pb252uuvt23l/XMM8-1.JPG
Alessio Viti Posted - 05 Oct 2012 : 15:29:10
Sorry, a stupid bug, I will fix in next release.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07