BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Boxsets and TV-Series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mawu Posted - 27 Sep 2012 : 14:41:26
Additional suggestions to the Boxsets:

- boxsets now get also an own movie id. Is it possible to assign an own boxID or no ID at all to a boxset? Boxset is only a higher-level form of DVD/Blu-ray organisation. Other level = other counting

- it's not possible to assign episodes and/or seasons to a boxset. For TV-series generally seasons boxets or 1/2 seasons boxsets were distributed. xMM should be able to manage this.

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martel Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 18:54:40
Bonjour to all,

Another point:

Under the "Tree View" interface, you have options to see the Loaned movies and TV series. Yet you do not have the Loan option for the Boxsets.

I do not think I would ever loan a "Tv series", what I do loan is a Boxset containing one season of a TV series. So it seem to me that it would be a good thing to have the optinof seing the loaned boxsets.

How about moving the "loan" braanch of the tree from under Movie and TV and placng it instead under the Root (Database)?

Something like:

- Database
- Boxset
- Movie
- TV Show
- Loan
- Loaned
- All
- Boxset
- Movie
- Tv Show
- Not Loaned
- All
- Boxset
- Movie
- Tv Show
- People

Merci,
Yves
chaosID Posted - 26 Oct 2012 : 07:08:58
Hi Mawu, this looks good.
But what I also missing is a separate Boxset-Card where the included movies, iformationen about (limited)edition and packaging are shown.
martel Posted - 25 Oct 2012 : 23:52:52
Bonjour Alessio,

Thanks for a great software!

Boxsets are created through the "Add Movie" and "Add TV Show" buttons. Yet, as I understand it, they are identical until you actually assign something to them. Would'n it be better to have a 3rd button: "Add a Boxset" instead?

And of course, the ideal would be if the boxset where a different entity than the movies and TV series and it had it's own "edit" interface. Or at least a tab in the general "edit" interface for the boxsets that would enable to see/edit its contain.

And finnaly, when assigning a TV series to a boxset, you click "assign select to a boxset", and a list of boxset appear. If this list is to long, the only way I saw to scroll through it is to click on the very small arrows. It would be nice if the mouse wheel could be used to scroll the list.

Merci,
Yves
Alessio Viti Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 06:09:52
OK, I will take a look if I can do it.

Ale
Shocker74 Posted - 16 Oct 2012 : 04:57:38
I would very much be able to put a movie in more than 1 box set.
I have many box sets of films and some of them appear on more than one.
soura Posted - 07 Oct 2012 : 16:39:21
Yes MovieID is important to sort Movie Titles in database as well as to give us at a glance the total number of movies in database other than the mini statistics.

Actually in XMM7 the method followed to give a separate ID (not Movie ID) to Boxsets is right. The only thing lacking is a process to Renumber Boxset IDs alphabetically. Giving a separate ID to Boxsets helps us to ascertain, how many Boxsets we have in our database at a glance.

Similarly a separate TV Series ID is also needed.
Mawu Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 22:01:31
I think many users have sorted their collection according to the MovieID. Boxsets are disturbing this sort order because they are only containers no movies. Additionally when you import your old database the boxsets are not sorted together with the associated movies but at the end of the list. Therefore it would be better to label them with an own BoxID or with no ID at all. How this can look like you can see here (Boxsets are sorted in the grid according to the MovieID of the associated movies):

Catalog-Nr. as a replacement for MovieID for sorting the collection is no option at the moment as movieID related features like renumbering are not available for catalog number. At the moment we have many data fields for boxsets we are not really need, a tab with a list of associated movies is missing (old data set from xMM7 + discs tab + associated movies/seasons/episodes would be better). As distrubution of TV series is done with seasons boxsets managing of tv series boxsets is not possible at the moment (this was also a problem in xMM7).

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu
Alessio Viti Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 18:17:58
Yes, really not easy do this... I really don't understand why MovieID is so important, its just an ID of the database, usually is a thing that is hide

Ale
Saphir Posted - 06 Oct 2012 : 17:19:00
Is it a big problem to make for boxsets a own table? To put boxsets to the movies is not really clean because boxsets are not a movie. TV Shows are also not a movie.
JDommi Posted - 28 Sep 2012 : 10:09:31
Have a look at my mail, Ale...
Alessio Viti Posted - 28 Sep 2012 : 09:40:11
No, I am sorry Mawu. Boxsets are in the same table, so share the MovieID. Same thing for TV Shows... boxset cannot be assigned to seasons.

Ale

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07