Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Boxsets and TV-Series
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2012 :  14:41:26  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Additional suggestions to the Boxsets:

- boxsets now get also an own movie id. Is it possible to assign an own boxID or no ID at all to a boxset? Boxset is only a higher-level form of DVD/Blu-ray organisation. Other level = other counting

- it's not possible to assign episodes and/or seasons to a boxset. For TV-series generally seasons boxets or 1/2 seasons boxsets were distributed. xMM should be able to manage this.

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2012 :  09:40:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, I am sorry Mawu. Boxsets are in the same table, so share the MovieID. Same thing for TV Shows... boxset cannot be assigned to seasons.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2012 :  10:09:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have a look at my mail, Ale...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Saphir

Germany
136 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  17:19:00  Show Profile  Visit Saphir's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is it a big problem to make for boxsets a own table? To put boxsets to the movies is not really clean because boxsets are not a movie. TV Shows are also not a movie.

eXtreme Books Manager 1.0.4.6
eXtreme Movie Manager 7.2.3.6
eXtreme Games Manager 1.0.3.8
eXtreme Movie Manager 8.0.7.0
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  18:17:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, really not easy do this... I really don't understand why MovieID is so important, its just an ID of the database, usually is a thing that is hide

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2012 :  22:01:31  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think many users have sorted their collection according to the MovieID. Boxsets are disturbing this sort order because they are only containers no movies. Additionally when you import your old database the boxsets are not sorted together with the associated movies but at the end of the list. Therefore it would be better to label them with an own BoxID or with no ID at all. How this can look like you can see here (Boxsets are sorted in the grid according to the MovieID of the associated movies):

Catalog-Nr. as a replacement for MovieID for sorting the collection is no option at the moment as movieID related features like renumbering are not available for catalog number. At the moment we have many data fields for boxsets we are not really need, a tab with a list of associated movies is missing (old data set from xMM7 + discs tab + associated movies/seasons/episodes would be better). As distrubution of TV series is done with seasons boxsets managing of tv series boxsets is not possible at the moment (this was also a problem in xMM7).

Bye Byte & Happy Coding
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

soura
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  16:39:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes MovieID is important to sort Movie Titles in database as well as to give us at a glance the total number of movies in database other than the mini statistics.

Actually in XMM7 the method followed to give a separate ID (not Movie ID) to Boxsets is right. The only thing lacking is a process to Renumber Boxset IDs alphabetically. Giving a separate ID to Boxsets helps us to ascertain, how many Boxsets we have in our database at a glance.

Similarly a separate TV Series ID is also needed.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  04:57:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would very much be able to put a movie in more than 1 box set.
I have many box sets of films and some of them appear on more than one.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  06:09:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will take a look if I can do it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

martel
Starting Member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2012 :  23:52:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bonjour Alessio,

Thanks for a great software!

Boxsets are created through the "Add Movie" and "Add TV Show" buttons. Yet, as I understand it, they are identical until you actually assign something to them. Would'n it be better to have a 3rd button: "Add a Boxset" instead?

And of course, the ideal would be if the boxset where a different entity than the movies and TV series and it had it's own "edit" interface. Or at least a tab in the general "edit" interface for the boxsets that would enable to see/edit its contain.

And finnaly, when assigning a TV series to a boxset, you click "assign select to a boxset", and a list of boxset appear. If this list is to long, the only way I saw to scroll through it is to click on the very small arrows. It would be nice if the mouse wheel could be used to scroll the list.

Merci,
Yves

Yves Martel
Go to Top of Page

chaosID
Starting Member

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  07:08:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mawu, this looks good.
But what I also missing is a separate Boxset-Card where the included movies, iformationen about (limited)edition and packaging are shown.
Go to Top of Page

martel
Starting Member

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  18:54:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bonjour to all,

Another point:

Under the "Tree View" interface, you have options to see the Loaned movies and TV series. Yet you do not have the Loan option for the Boxsets.

I do not think I would ever loan a "Tv series", what I do loan is a Boxset containing one season of a TV series. So it seem to me that it would be a good thing to have the optinof seing the loaned boxsets.

How about moving the "loan" braanch of the tree from under Movie and TV and placng it instead under the Root (Database)?

Something like:

- Database
- Boxset
- Movie
- TV Show
- Loan
- Loaned
- All
- Boxset
- Movie
- Tv Show
- Not Loaned
- All
- Boxset
- Movie
- Tv Show
- People

Merci,
Yves

Yves Martel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07