Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Batch Update Window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2012 :  21:09:23  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In EMM7 this feature displays a screen stating certain selections need to be updated. This a great unless you are in the process of already downloading information such as a TV series which may run for awhile while gathering the data. Allowing this function stops what you are doing and it takes over.

In the new version, I would suggest this be shown when you have the condition idling or been able to involk it with a selection.

I have noticed that you can click do not show again and that's fine for the moment, however, I'm not sure how to turn it back on if I want to use it later.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  05:54:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In XMM 8 if there is something to batch update Engine will do it in background automatically... Everytime you add a new movie or you update directlinks the batch Import will start.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  13:49:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cool =) That's a great feature that should be noted. Some of these answers should put be together for the FAQ section. Great documentation.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  14:51:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately I haven't time right now to make the documentation... I hope someone will find some to help

Ale

Go to Top of Page

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  16:28:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Not a problem. I'll work on some and email them to you and you can check them when you get time.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2012 :  20:06:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It will be great!

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2012 :  23:46:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello
1) if i select multiple films and tv-shows and press "Re-update Automatically" i get the message "you have selected both movies and tv-shows. please select movie or tv-show to use the QUICK UPDATE function"
if both movies and tv-shows have separated scripts, already known titles, why can't they both be updated? in fact why can't i use the "Re-update Automatically" function on a tv-show at all?
2) if i select a movie and press "Re-update Automatically" (the batch update engine kicks in) and then choose another movie and press "Re-update Automatically" i get the message: "script engine is currently busy,will be updated automatically later...". is it possibly to just add the last movie to the batch list?
3) if during a batch update i want to "quick update" i get a message saying to try later, after the engine finishes. is it possible to wait till the engine finishes current movie, to find the "new" movie using the default script, and once it did to continue the hall batch?
thanks

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  11:18:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

1)Engines for Movies and TV Shows are completely different and cannot be started at the same time. You can re-update multiple movies only.

2)Yes, thats normal... I mean that if you want re-update many movies you have to select all of these in the same time... if you want re-update one by one you have to wait until the first has finish to start the second.

3)same as before, the engine is one, so if already do a thing you have to wait until it finish.

Bye!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  11:37:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
does the engine have some sort of list of movie to be updated? if so can the list be modified/updated during the batch process?

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2012 :  11:43:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, there is... I will take a look if I can add movies "on the fly"...

Go to Top of Page

kirill2785

Israel
332 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  13:46:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send kirill2785 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It works now much better. thank you.
i was thinking of another improvement that can be done. can the search and the import engines be separated? if i have for example 100 film to import from imdb, some films are found via directlink,lets say 20 films, and the 21st film isn't found and the engine asks the users to choose the correct one. while the search engine waits for the users to respond, the import engine can start importing to save time.

kirill2785
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07