BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Please get back Quick Edit view

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
micklecat Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 08:43:46
New versions lack Quick Edit view, it was very useful in old versions up to 7236. In version 8 Edit window opens on double click, but it contains very small portion of information on the main window. Language, country and genre are on Details3 tab, while it could be better to have them on the main window. But the most annoying thing is that I cannot place Edit window instead of MovieCard window. Still using 7236, it is better than 8017.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
micklecat Posted - 03 Jan 2013 : 07:56:47
Director and Crew are missing here too :( Version 7 had very good Quick Edit!
Alessio Viti Posted - 24 Dec 2012 : 07:45:44
There isn't right now because are managed in a special way (checkboxes), I will try to add later.

Ale
micklecat Posted - 23 Dec 2012 : 21:52:17
Yes it works, thank you! But where Country and Genre fields disappeared? They are oftenly needed when entering manually movies that not found in internet databases.
Alessio Viti Posted - 22 Dec 2012 : 11:16:22
Hello,

Please delete the layout file "MainWindowLayout.xml", is that one that cause the problem.

Ale
micklecat Posted - 21 Dec 2012 : 16:27:37
Today I updated version 8 to 8.0.3.6 and wow! I noticed that on View tab a "Show/hide panels" button now has "Quick edit view" in dropdown menu! However, it doesn't work in current version; but now we have a hope that soon it will.
Josemi Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 08:26:38
I agree with "micklecat". I hate the "bigcover...", I like QuickEdit View with tabs. And yes, I'm still using v7.2.3.6
Alessio Viti Posted - 31 Oct 2012 : 15:45:55
Hello Vlad,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look...

Ale
vladlp Posted - 30 Oct 2012 : 22:58:25
One more vote for Quick Edit with XtraLayoutControl.

From development point of view I would propose to merge Modal Edit Window and Quick Edit. If you add XtraLayoutControl to Modal Edit Window it will solve userdependent wishes about grouping/organizing elements.
If you then move XtraLayoutControl of Modal Edit Window to some container (custom control) than you could use it in Modal Edit Window and in Quick Edit dockable window, but it will remain the same control.

Vlad
Alessio Viti Posted - 27 Oct 2012 : 09:07:16
I don't know yet if I will put the Quick Edit window back... I will let you know.

Thank you!

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07