BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Printable doc or cheat sheet thats user friendly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yovinny Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 19:17:10
I know the documentation is a work in progress but how about a PDF Version that is like a for dummies version or building it into the program. I bought this program because of the features it offers but if I can't figure out how to use them its not as much fun. I am not a "noob" by a long shot but this is the most confusing program I have ever used I kid you not it drives me insane sometimes I don't know if its because Im getting older or just going crazy but It is not uncommon to find me screaming at my monitor in disgust because something is happening that I can't stop because the stop download buttons don't work or because I cant figure out how to use the scripts the right way or I feel like I haven't got a clue and to be honest it not too cool to have that going on when your 40+. I can build a great computer but I can't figure out some software? I feel so stupid and it just ticks me off because I bought this to use not look at it and hope I might be able to some day. I understand your just one guy and I think that clone idea is a great option to get you some much needed help but. Throw an old dog a bone please, anything a cheat sheet you can print up or a printable quick start or a pop up that has something and for the brainiacs can disable it if they don't need it. Anything would help. I can drive a car now great but before I could do that I had to first read a book to get the fundamentals down they didn't just put me behind the wheel and toss me the keys and say go for it. Same principal so to speak. I know some are saying what do we need that for well before you were aces you had to first figure it out. I really want to use this program without going nuts in the process of trying to figure out how to .

Everything you have done looks great but just my luck the chapters that are missing are the ones i'm looking for like what to so with tv shows on a hard drive etc.

And maybe for those of us that tend to screw up more often a undo arrow would be handy as well.

I know its a big request but is would also be a big help, I try to tell friends about the software it would be nice when they ask me " how did you do that?" if I didn't have to say respond "you know I'm not sure exactly how I did it but its pretty cool isn't it!"

Thanks
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JDommi Posted - 04 Nov 2010 : 19:46:40
Well, for most people a user guide would be really useful. But how to begin? I think a faq would be a good idea...
Maybe Ale can make a new forum for that and OPERATING questions should be asked and answered there. Later one can collect and shorten these to a helpful beginner's guide.
For me I have never read a software manual - except programming instructions - so I don't miss it.

BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.07 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07