Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 THEMOVIEDB.ORG Script not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

peakey
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  00:34:08  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
After upgrading to 7.2.2.5 I am now unable to import new movies using the above mentioned scripts. Every time i search it comes back with no results.

These are my favourite as they include fanart.

Can you please investigate.

Buzzie
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2012 :  22:47:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes I am having the exact same problem.

I dont know if its a 7.2.2.5 bug since i have skipped a few releases and havent updated my collection recently but i noticed the same thing.
It doesnt matter what version you choose of the script
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2012 :  06:59:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

No, its not a bug of XMM. The site has changed and there is no way to query it anymore.

You have to use the API version instead.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Buzzie
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2012 :  18:36:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
With the API version i get an error as well.
it finds the movie....instead of the others, but i get an error in the end
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2012 :  19:32:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested it with John Carter. The API version got all info and no error in the end.
What says the error? And what movie do you have tried to import?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Buzzie
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2012 :  21:02:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried it with Captain America: The First Avenger and got the errors.
i just tried it with Columbiana to see if i got the same error and i did.

the error message is:

These Movies/Actors has problems during import:
Columbiana ->
http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.getInfo/en/xml/APIKEY/
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  09:22:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Aah, that's a clear error: You have to get your personal APIKey from their site!
Then you have to paste this key into the 2 scripts of THEMOVIEDB.ORG that contain (API) in their name.

"Information As TheMovieDB.org provides a special API version for registered users this script has to be modified by the user himself by replacing the word APIKEY with the real key he got from http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1"

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 16 Apr 2012 09:24:31
Go to Top of Page

Buzzie
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2012 :  22:46:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ahhh ok thanks
will try that one
Go to Top of Page

peakey
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2012 :  03:58:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks all, I have it working now.

For anyone else with the same issue, note that in the Script file APIKEY exists in more than 1 location !!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2012 :  09:30:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, there are two locations in each script. But with the new Updater you only have to input the key once and it will be pasted for you even after a script update.
By the way there was existing a tool called APIKeys that has done the whole thing, too.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07