Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 TV show Title, and formats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

R2D2
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  09:33:49  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I love your XMM8.

I found answers in the Forums, by both Alessio and JDommi, that I can load my TV shows as <SERIE>-<SEASON>-<NUMBER>-<TITLE>. I then converted all my files to this format.
When I select this format in the Filename Mask, click save and OK, the format keep defaulting to<SERIE>-<NUMBER>-<SEASON>-<TITLE>
How can I save my required format?

I have also tried to select, "Set Title Like Filename", in the Device Scanner, Additional options. This option will be perfect for me, but the system now renames the Title to something that is not even in the Filename.

All my movies were imported correctly, and I'm thrilled.

Best regards.

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  04:27:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by R2D2

I love your XMM8.

I found answers in the Forums, by both Alessio and JDommi, that I can load my TV shows as <SERIE>-<SEASON>-<NUMBER>-<TITLE>. I then converted all my files to this format.
When I select this format in the Filename Mask, click save and OK, the format keep defaulting to<SERIE>-<NUMBER>-<SEASON>-<TITLE>
How can I save my required format?

Actually XMM should remember the mask you selected the last time you used the File Scanner.

What does this config.ini entry say:
TagToUseForTVShow=

Is it set to your desired mask? I don't know if this will help but if not you could at least try to set it the way you want it - in case it isn't so already.
quote:

I have also tried to select, "Set Title Like Filename", in the Device Scanner, Additional options. This option will be perfect for me, but the system now renames the Title to something that is not even in the Filename.

I believe this works only for movies but not TV series. Maybe somebody can confirm this(or correct me).

Go to Top of Page

R2D2
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  19:10:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your reply yan00s.

This is my config.ini:
TagToUseForTVShow=<SERIE> - <SEASON>x<NUMBER> - <TITLE>
This is the format I want.

In the Device Scanner, TV Show Found: Import, window, the file is retrieved from my HDD, and has a File Name of eg.
Rome-02X08-A Necessary Fiction.mkv
The Title column is empty.
When I click "Import Selected!", the file goes to the Movie folder, not the Tv Show folder.
There is also no information in this non Titled file.
I have reset XMM8 a few times now, but I can't get a Title name in the Import window, or the file to the TV Show, or info in this file.
All my TV shows work. I checked them before starting the import.

As mentioned before, all movies imported correctly. I'm just having a bad time with the TV shows.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  21:54:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmm. Well. The only idea I've got right now is to explain what I do to get results.

My TV shows are usually stored like this:
[Drive]:\movies\serial\<SERIE>\season ##\<SERIE> - <SEASON>x<EPISODE> - <TITLE>.ext
or
[Drive]:\movies\serial\<SERIE>\season ##\<SERIE> - <SEASON>x<EPISODE>.ext

There are a few exceptions for locally stored DVD backups which use a standard readable by XBMC but those do not matter here. It should be just like your setup.

That's the configuration of some XMM8 options which may be of relevance:

To find and import episodes / entire series I run device scanner by choosing that menu entry:

and get something that looks like this (the import mask used by XMM8 is shown too):

A few things are still not like I would want them - especially the actual series title. But by applying the initial picture mask again I'm getting this set straight as well.

After hitting import the result looks like this (For this test I did select just two episodes):

The only annoyance here is that XMM does not remove the file extension from the episode title.

Go to Top of Page

R2D2
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  06:55:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WOW yan00s, what a wonderful tutorial!

I selected all your settings from the options menu. Our file structure are just about the same.

When I ask the Device Scanner to start a search, nothing has changed.
My title column is still blank.
When I select the File Rename menu, the format is what I want, but the only button on this page that works is the "close" button. Save, Delete, or OK does not work.

When I select "Extract Title, Season, Number from Title...", for a selected file, absolutely nothing happens. This could be because I don't have a "Title", in the Title column.
The only other difference, is my season has a "0" brfore the number.

I'm stumped!

Thanks so much for your help.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  19:14:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

I selected all your settings from the options menu. Our file structure are just about the same.

When you say all my settings you should probably check again that you did not activate MD5 checksum creation because I've switched it on "just for fun". It's not really used by XMM as far as I know and will make imports very very very slow if you add a lot of files. (It does not matter for me since my collection doesn't grow that fast anymore.)
quote:

When I ask the Device Scanner to start a search, nothing has changed.
My title column is still blank.
When I select the File Rename menu, the format is what I want, but the only button on this page that works is the "close" button. Save, Delete, or OK does not work.

When I select "Extract Title, Season, Number from Title...", for a selected file, absolutely nothing happens. This could be because I don't have a "Title", in the Title column.
The only other difference, is my season has a "0" brfore the number.

I'm stumped!

Hmm, that leaves me in the dark - or almost so. May I ask:

- what's your OS?
- where's XMM8 installed (folder)? What permissions are set for those folder(s)?
- which permissions do you / XMM8 have when you run it (Administrator vs. normal user)
- where's your database located?
- where are your movies located?

We've seen some strange things happening lately which may be related to UAC / permission levels on Win7 / Win8.

For reference - I've done the following on Win7 / 64bit:

- installed to \%Program Files (x86)%\
- running XMM8 with Administrator rights
- explicitely set permissions of XMM8's program folder structure to full access for my user who runs XMM8

and it gives me no trouble (at the moment).

Go to Top of Page

R2D2
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2013 :  19:45:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for all the help so far.
I'm back at work now, and will only be back to my computer on February 15th.

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2013 :  19:49:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Thanks for all the help so far.
I'm back at work now, and will only be back to my computer on February 15th.

With a little luck there will be version out then which may fix your problems.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.25 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07