Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Device Scanner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  13:26:53  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have updated to the latest version and I can't seem to get the device scanner to work. I was able to work it on older versions. Right now, it will only scan about 6-7 videos out of about 100 and then it just stops. It does nothing more?

Also, the program still states that I don't administrative rights. I am logged into my PC as administrator and I have no other problems on my PC with regards to administrative rights??

Jeff

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  16:17:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To the scanner: have you enabled recursive search?
And don't worry about the administrative right as long as everything works.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  19:56:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, it is set to recursive search. I know that the movies in my database don't have a file associated with them, yet the movie is on my hard drive. I would think that if I did a search in a folder, it would find the files and ask me to either add them to the database or associate them with an existing movie in the database? Right?

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

To the scanner: have you enabled recursive search?
And don't worry about the administrative right as long as everything works.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  20:02:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good question. But as far as I know you only can add new movies. The possibility to assign the files to an existing movie is not given.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2012 :  04:59:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ensure that you have ALL the movie types selected. I know at one time .TS file extensions had to be selected as it didn't take them by default
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  10:09:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

JDommi is right, you have the possiblity to ADD new movies.... the UPDATE is made automatically by XMM if found that you have move a movie from a folder to another.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07