Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 [SOLVED]TV Show Scanning and Import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  12:25:50  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have my TV Shows set out as follows (eg):-
TV Shows\Horror\Supernatural\Season 01\Supernatural - S01E01 - Pilot.avi

When I scan with Horror or Supernatural as the base folder it picks up all the episodes for all seasons ... however when I import I get the following entries in my db:-

Season 01\Supernatural
Season 02\Supernatural
Season 03\Supernatural
Season 04\Supernatural
Season 05\Supernatural
Season 06\Supernatural
Season 07\Supernatural

each of these has one episode attached to it .....

Does the TV scanner read NFO files because there is an nfo for show title, each season folder and each episode ..... if not XMM7 had a tag configurator option for scanning TV Shows, could this be added??

I have a lot of TV shows and it looks like I would have to add each series manually and then episodes for each season which is a bit daunting to say the least.

Cheers for any help with this :)

Edited by - mj3310 on 16 Dec 2012 11:27:02

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  13:37:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

When you scan you have to be sure that the TV Show TITLE is the same for all episodes!

If during scanning XMM read the Title as Season1\Supernatural you can select all episodes, then Right-Click -> Assign a TV Show Title.

Remember, All Episodes of a Series must have the same Serie Title.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  14:58:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think it's because the last folder is taken for the Show title. Therefor such words like season, serie, staffel, etc. should be ignored. For me I mostly add Sxx to the Show name like "Bones S07".
Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that already somewhere asked for and was already fixed? Yes, now I remember: it was for movies the video_ts folder.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  20:38:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the replies .... theoretically I would have to rename all my shows just to import them into XMM8 when it was possible in XMM7 using the same naming process I have now unless I do it all manually :(

Would it be possible to have a version of the tag configurator reintroduced in XMM8 as I would assume there are many different naming systems used by people and it was very simple to set up and use???
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  20:46:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, as Ale has said you can select all episodes after scanning and change the Show Name entry to the correct one.
Another way would be the renaming by the Episoden plugin for XMM7. As this is independent of XMM itself you can use it anyway to rename your episodes to a specific convention.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  21:27:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is only ever one episode after scanning ... which I mentioned in my first post even though the scanner picks them all up to import

The problem I have is that XMM7 would import my tv shows using my naming structure but XMM8 will not and I am asking why this is .... as asking people to rename thousands of episodes is a bit drastic lol

Perhaps you could post the exact file structure needed for tv shows to be organised into for the scanner to add them .. as I think this would be a great help to anybody else in my position as well ..... here is my present layout:-

(For Example)
Main Folder :- Supernatural
Sub Folders :- Season 01 .... 02 etc
File Name:- Supernatural - S01E01 - Pilot.avi

So basically the files are labelled :- SERIES TITLE - SEASON No & EPISODE No - EPISODE TITLE.avi ...

I'm sure you can appreciate that it is rather frustrating that I cannot do this in XMM8 when I could so easily in XMM7

Your help is appreciated :)
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  21:44:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I know that it is frustrating... therefor I have written that little prog.
But how exactly XMM8 imports I don't know because I never have used the device scanner.
My only tries were with "ShowName - S0xE0x - EpisodeTitle.ext". But that was under XMM7.
Maybe you only have to disable the function to take the ShowName from (last) folder.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  20:47:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is the Tag configuration... just select the Episodes you want to modify and click on "Extract Season, Episode, Title from Filename"...

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  21:00:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that's the function I thought of *lol*
Always difficult to remember everything when you can't use the program...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2012 :  16:09:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Brilliant ... Found it now ... many thanks Ale and JDommi :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07