Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 how to clear script queue?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2013 :  18:19:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Everytime I try to run a script, I still have 700 in the queue to run. I can stop the script from running but I can't seem to clear the queue. This maybe what is causing some of my memory errors\issues and I would like to know if we can stop it somehow or if I have to look in an ini file to clear it there?

beigecat
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2013 :  15:29:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just posted a similar, probably the same, concern. Have you had any luck resolving the queue issue? I liked your idea of searching the ini files to find the queue to purge, but so far I haven't found them. I see you also have had several reads on your issue by no response yet.

I'm evaluating the trial version of the software so far, but this issue is a serious enough one to prevent me from purchasing the product if it is not resolved. Basically, I like XXM better than others collection managers I have evaluated, so far. But, I cannot install software that causes messages about excessive CPU utilization. I suspect there is a significant bug that needs to be addressed.

Let me know if you found any way to remove items form the queue. Thanks.

Edited by - beigecat on 18 Jan 2013 15:33:43
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  09:15:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now i can't suddenly update any films, because i have just had this ssame thing happen to me.
I want to put in a new film and quick update it, and the script engine starts up a batch of 700 of my films to import from imdb.
What the hell has happened?!

I go into te script engine and see it has queued all those films without me asking it to, and i can't do anything about it....

Edit: So i restarted the program, and directly open the script engine, and i see the queue is cleare, BUT, after a few seconds suddenly it updates itself with 700 films and automatically start to import information.
So i stopped it and quit the program again.
Very, very weird.

Edited by - Shocker74 on 21 Jan 2013 09:29:24
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  15:27:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems that your movies lost their import status.
Check the following settings of your movies:
open a movie -> Web -> "Imported from Internet" hast to be checked

If I uncheck this setting my movie gets automatically updated with the scripts that are noted on this movie page.

Maybe you can temporarily disable the Autoupdate by disabling the following setting:
Files -> Options -> Magicscript -> "Update Movies/Actors Automatically in Background"

Edited by - rocman on 21 Jan 2013 15:28:09
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  19:43:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have now double checked what you wrote rocman, and the problem persists.
I jumped into several of my films and they all have the "Imported from internet" checked.
And I also disabled the AutoUpdate in background.
But that didn't help anything. As soon as i try to update any single movie, or even try to add a new one, the scriptengine suddenly fills up with 700 films, and i can't stop it either. Can only shutdown the program again and wait for a proper response about this extremely annoying bug.
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  08:34:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I also had this problem - for a much smaller list; did the same, no result. In the end, I had to wait for the new update to complete (it's a drag if you don't have any stored links and must reselect titles)and then the queue emptied.
Go to Top of Page

beigecat
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  16:12:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[quote
Maybe you can temporarily disable the Autoupdate by disabling the following setting:
Files -> Options -> Magicscript -> "Update Movies/Actors Automatically in Background"
[/quote]

I noticed after changing the automatic load option, it is reset back to automatic whenever I re-start XXM again.I would think the perferred settings should not reset.
Go to Top of Page

Shocker74
Starting Member

Sweden
43 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  18:09:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Have tried restarting the program several times since yesterday now and nothing works. Every time i start up the magicscript engine it populates several hundreds of movies and i can't do anything about it.
And also, the program hangs up when either i choose to save, or the program itself saves after it's done its hundreds of film updates.
So i have to stop the program from windows itself since the program doesn't answer at all.
So even if i wait for hours for the script to complete it's job it fails when it tries to save the database.
What have happened here?! I am at a total loss, since i know i haven't done anything remotely wrong. :/
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2013 :  08:36:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Shocker.

Sorry for the delay!!

A way to force XMM to not import movies is to set it like already imported.

For example, add the column "WebImported" to the Grid.

Now right-click and select the last option "Make grid editable"

Now, for all movies that are not imported, check the Webimported.

XMM will not try to import it again.

I will try to also add a function to do it automatically

Let me know,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2013 :  08:51:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I will add 2 new buttons to the Queue list, to just clear the queue or clear and mark as imported.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  11:09:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In 8045 it doesn't work as expected.

I clear the queue, close the engine. I select one file, press f7. XMM grabs the data and then goes on to the next movie - even though I have selected only one to update.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  14:51:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

you have 2 buttons to clear the queue... if you use the button at right it will also mark all movies in queue as "imported", so it should not update it anymore.

Let me know,

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07