Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 IMDB.COM (complete) not saving link
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  14:25:39  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
ONE NEW THING: IMDB.COM (Complete), doesn't store the IMDB link in Custom Field 8.
The value in the script setting is set to 1 = Store IMDB Link to Custom Field 8 and Custom field 8 is not used by me for anything.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  17:38:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think the link is stored under the IMDB Link and no longer under Custom8.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  02:19:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, the only link that it imports is in the Web tab, the "Weblink" and the "DirectLinks".

The problem comes when you want to re-update a movie.
I think that the script searches for either the IMDB Link in the "Details 2" tab, or imdb link in Custom 8 field. And since none of them is filled from the first import, then I have to choose again one of possible links. But if this has to be done when updating hundreds of movies, it gets really annoying.

So, here comes again the question why the script doesn't import the imdb link that can be used straight in the next possible update without asking, since the script already is built with this functionality that doesn't seem to work as it was supposed to...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2013 :  10:16:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I just have tested the script with "Night At The Museum" and it took the correct link.
As I don't re-update my movies I only can say that my re-update test does the job, too. Even Importing with other scripts that use the IDMB link like OFDB and TheMovieDB didn't ask for any confirmations...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  02:36:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Will test again and report back...
Thanks for your answer though... :-)
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2013 :  00:27:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, it doesn't store any link except from Weblink... Custom 8 is blank and imdb Link in Details 2 is also blank...
Tried with my chain and with just IMDB.COM (COMPLETE).

So, what could be wrong on my side?
Go to Top of Page

dimxr

85 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  17:37:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any insights???

Another question on topic: What happens if I have only Weblinks and I want to have them copied to my IMDB Link field, since the above problem doesn't seem to get fixed?

Edited by - dimxr on 28 Jan 2013 17:37:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07