Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Database not Saving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  01:11:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am still getting the following message when I update data in my movies after I have uploaded the data from IMDB. I get the error, "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". This always happen after I have finished adding a movie with IMDB (fastest or complete). When I get this error, I have to run the "Compact and Repair Database" function to clear the error and allow me to manually edit the movie. If I don't, then anything that is added after that error is not saved to the database. It has happening alot and not getting solved. Can some effort be added to avoid this as it is frustrating to have to re-enter data.

Jeff

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  04:56:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff363

I am still getting the following message when I update data in my movies after I have uploaded the data from IMDB. I get the error, "Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records". [...]

This error indicates that the record is locked and write protected by another thread or process. Just to be sure: you don't have MS Access or some other (ODBC connected) database program open together with XMM, do you? I'm using IMDB Complete on a regular basis and can't remember running into this kind of race condition.

Where's your database located? On a network drive? It seems strange to me that you have to compact and repair the database. A simple db reload or in the worst a XMM restart should be sufficient.

Maybe you can share a bit more technical detail - if possible. I suppose it would help Alessio nailing down the issue too - again: if possible.

Edited by - yan00s on 08 Feb 2013 05:02:36
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  15:20:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't have access or any other ODBC connected database open at the time I use XMM. I only use XMM...

The only common process that I notice when this happens is if I add a movie with DVDEMPIRE and then re-update it with IMDB, all seems fine (no lock). Then if I manually edit the movie after this, then the lock symbol shows up. I have to either repair and restart XMM to get it unlocked and then go back in again to manually edit. After that, the lock symbol does not show up.

What type of technical data can I send that might help?
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  16:20:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

I don't have access or any other ODBC connected database open at the time I use XMM. I only use XMM...

The only common process that I notice when this happens is if I add a movie with DVDEMPIRE and then re-update it with IMDB, all seems fine (no lock). Then if I manually edit the movie after this, then the lock symbol shows up. I have to either repair and restart XMM to get it unlocked and then go back in again to manually edit. After that, the lock symbol does not show up.

I was wondering: have you set the Grid to "editable"? But to be honest, I've no real idea what's causing the trouble. It sounds like the import is faster than the JET operations which take place to update the records. Or the script tries to set values in a wrong way, gets an error from the db and this is not handled properly. But then: you say it works under certain conditions ... I'll have to leave it to Alessio.

quote:

I
What type of technical data can I send that might help?

Ultimately, it will be Alessio who has to decide this. Activating "Debug" may help. Also, operating system version and locations for the program / database and your anti virus software could be helpful. And: which movie causes the problem and what fields do you import (all? / some? ...)

The more info available in the first place the easier it will be to reproduce an issue.

Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  18:57:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, here is a start....

The System is Windows 8 Pro. The program resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\eXtreme Movie Manager 8 and the database/media resides in C:\Users\Jeff\CloudStation\XMM8. The antivirus is Norton Security Suite 20.2.0.19.

The grid was set to "editable", but I removed that and the error still happened. I tried the debug mode, but it did not allow me to import data from websites??? Also, could not open the debug file..

Hope this will be a decent start for Alessio to proceed....
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2013 :  09:15:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Jeff and sorry for delay!

I will carefully take a look into this matter. Sorry but I am quite busy these days.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hablis
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2014 :  20:30:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Having the same problem with version 8.2.3.0. Getting "concurrency violation" when trying to edit a movie that was just added manually. I wait for the scrip engine to complete, then highlight, and click edit. Go to the customs tab and add data to custom field 1. I then click on ok, and then the error appears. Reload dbase, movie that was just added is still there, but added data to custom field is not. Re edit custom field for movie and error does not occur. Any ideas or work arounds?

Hablis
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2014 :  08:50:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I will try to reproduce the error.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

hablis
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2014 :  07:59:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any Progress?
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  21:43:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am still getting the error. I just have to get out of the program everytime I add a new movie and then I can edit the movie. PITA, but it works...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2014 :  21:58:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did you tried to start XMM as admin and/or in XP compatibility mode?
As I neither have Win8 nor such an error I can only think of such "silly" solutions.
Do you have already used the system tool "Unlocker 64-Bit 1.9.1"? Sometimes for some reason I have locked files/folders under Win7 directly and an explorer process or any other program has the handle for it.
But as said that's all fishing in muddy water...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2014 :  23:49:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried all of the compatibility modes and none of them make a difference. I believe that XMM is somehow keeping the database locked and I am not able to make further changes until I get out of the program and back in again....Not a very efficient way to work with the database. Help....

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Did you tried to start XMM as admin and/or in XP compatibility mode?
As I neither have Win8 nor such an error I can only think of such "silly" solutions.
Do you have already used the system tool "Unlocker 64-Bit 1.9.1"? Sometimes for some reason I have locked files/folders under Win7 directly and an explorer process or any other program has the handle for it.
But as said that's all fishing in muddy water...

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2014 :  09:49:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here are some general "rules" that could help. I know that you most of them know yourself.

1. Don't install XMM in Programs (X86) but in Documents folder which is the default one. (=> No problems with Admin rights)
2. Save the database in a subfolder not directly in the root of any device.
3. Check your Antivirus prog if it makes problems with saving the database. As example Comodos HIPS modus (Don't ask me what that exactly means!) even has prohibited to update XMM or to save any data on my desktop. Try to disable your AV for checking.
4. Don't open or use the database with another program while running XMM. Download the freeware Unlocker and check if there is any access on the database.
5. Check if any Backup is running for the database file.

When all of these "rules" are checked and the problem still exists then I don't know any more what to do.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07