Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Add Movies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

m_a_y
Starting Member

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  02:25:12  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everyone.
First, sorry for my english.
I have problem with "Movies From Files".
I have a lot movies and i trying to adding to my collection but this program, sometimes don't find movies.
Sample; i have 90 movie folders. Program find 70 movies.
Another sample; i have 600 movie folders. Program find 80 movies or less.
Why is that happen and do you have solution?

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  08:54:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is there a specific filetype that goes missing?

In Options>Device Scanner there is a little tab called "File Extensions". You could check there if the list is missing a filetype you use.

BTW, I really don't see the point of this option. Can someone enlighten us as to what it could be used for?
Go to Top of Page

m_a_y
Starting Member

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2013 :  13:15:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

Is there a specific filetype that goes missing?

In Options>Device Scanner there is a little tab called "File Extensions". You could check there if the list is missing a filetype you use.

BTW, I really don't see the point of this option. Can someone enlighten us as to what it could be used for?

I look there. But i don't see any problem in options>device scnanner>File Extensions. My movies almost all AVI.
Yes, i agree with you. Someone engliht us.

Edited by - m_a_y on 24 Feb 2013 13:16:10
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  14:50:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys and sorry for delay!

What do you mean exactly? I have not understand

The File Extension is the list of file types that XMM should recognize as "movies"

The "Words to Exclude" is the words that should not be added as movies.

For example, if you have a file like:

Batman.avi
Batman_sample.avi

The second file will not be added to collection.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

m_a_y
Starting Member

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  19:45:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello guys and sorry for delay!

What do you mean exactly? I have not understand

The File Extension is the list of file types that XMM should recognize as "movies"

The "Words to Exclude" is the words that should not be added as movies.

For example, if you have a file like:

Batman.avi
Batman_sample.avi

The second file will not be added to collection.

Ale

That's my problem. Program finding 75 movies from 691 movies

Edited by - m_a_y on 07 Mar 2013 19:46:16
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  20:06:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, what shall these pics show? Pic1 shows the beginning of the movies in that folder and pic2 shows the bottom of the list of movies to add. All in all there are 75 movies that are found to add.
I think you have to explain a little bit more to understand your problem.
Do you have selected the correct folder(s) and settings for the device scanner?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

m_a_y
Starting Member

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  20:20:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
First of all sorry for my english. First picture my movie folder. In that folder there is 691 movies. EMM scanning that folder but you see second picture it finding 75 movie. Yes I have selected correct folders. I tried 5-6 times. Everytime happens again.

This is device scanner settings.

http://i45.tinypic.com/34ywug9.jpg

Edited by - m_a_y on 07 Mar 2013 20:25:07
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  21:48:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, settings seem to be okay (I think )
How many of these 691 movies are already in your database? (75 [bold]new [/bold] movies...)
What extension do the not recognised movies have? (Are these extensions in the extension list of the device scanner?)
What are the file names? (Are there any special chars in?)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

m_a_y
Starting Member

Turkey
11 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2013 :  23:35:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I got solved case but there's little problem. EMM finding mp4 and mkv(like 75 movies) but not finding avi. What can i do?

Case CLOSED.
I add the file extension "avi". EMM finding all of my movies. Thanks to your helps.

Edited by - m_a_y on 07 Mar 2013 23:38:04
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2013 :  08:26:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're welcome!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07