Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 How to delete multiple Actor Web ID's?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  17:59:59  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Using EMM ver 7

One of the IMDB Actor or Complete scripts resulted in 128 of my actors having an incorrect Web ID.
They are all listed as
<link rel="canonical" href="http:

I thought I could edit multiples (as I can do with movies) and simply delete these values and re-update them but apparently I can't...Any suggestions..besides manually deleting the values.
Updating them doesn't appear to fix my issue
Deleting them and then updating them from the web returns this value...Just delete all the actors with problems?

Edited by - JustME on 25 Feb 2013 19:57:20

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2013 :  22:01:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would suggest to mark all actors in the grid and remove them. After that import all your movies again BUT take only the actors!
As there seems to be a bug in the IMDB complete script I would do the import by IMDB (complete) without the info and then in a second step use the IMDB (Actors) script. As far as I have recognized the complete script doesn't import the pics, other info should be okay.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  00:41:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK...I will remove them...not sure about reimporting all the movies though as that is a large project, but I need to ensure that the data is clean before I try it in EMM 8 again :-)
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  09:16:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, you could also try the CleanActors plugin at first.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  12:23:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where is the cleanactors plugin?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  14:19:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the plugin menu of XMM7

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  14:31:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh....I am working in EMM8...I take it that the plugin does not work in this version?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  15:05:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's right, I wasn't sure if you are already working with XMM8.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2013 :  23:30:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did try the cleanactors plugin prior to this and got some cleanup done but no option to clean my web ID mess :-(
Delete key works fine though...I have 100,000 actors...losing 128 of them is a miniscule amount ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  04:40:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will try to add new functions to clear also Actors Database Fields too.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2013 :  12:26:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07