Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Device Scanner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

winjunkie
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  23:25:25  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Every time I scan for movies it finds all my files, even those aleady imported into the database.

How can I tell Device Scanner to only search for NEW movies and shows (files) not already in the database?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  05:01:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

This should be automatically done by Device Scanner.

Can you please write me the complete path where your movies are stored?

Thank you,

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

winjunkie
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  20:20:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

Thanks for the reply. I have my movies stored on an internal drive in various folders based on genre, subgenre, watched, new, etc. at

"H:\Tim Fouts\Videos\Films\<subfolder>\<subfolder>\<TITLE> (<YEAR>).<ext>"

My TV Shows are at

"H:\Tim Fouts\Videos\TV Shows\<SERIE>\Season <SEASON>\...with various filename formats

I can export the .csv and see that these are correct as well as view them by opening the .mdb file in MS Access. But Device Manager continues to find them and report them as new movies. It worked correctly after I first installed and imported my movies, but as I began to add movies and TV Shows it started doing this after a restart. It also continues to list files I've chosen to Ignore.

Edited by - winjunkie on 01 Mar 2013 20:47:10
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  13:43:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Usually I have notice this problem if the path + filename is longer that 255 characters. Can this be your problem?

Another case is when the filename contains "special" umlauts characters.

Can you zip your DB and send it to me to check these things?

alessioviti -at- binaryworks.it

Ale

Go to Top of Page

winjunkie
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  22:29:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My apologies, Alessio! I just realized that in Settings-->Device Manager-->Additional Options, the check box "Do Not Add File If Already in Database" had been unchecked accidentally. Problem solved! Thanks for your attention.

Edited by - winjunkie on 02 Mar 2013 22:29:59
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2013 :  06:29:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No problem, I am happy that everything is OK now.

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07