Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Updated / Improved (?) English language .ini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2013 :  20:54:47  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Because I didn't like some of the field titles I took a look at the English language file and adapted it a little.

The (initial) major changes were:

• People --> Artists

• Photographer --> Cinematographer

• Musician --> Composer

Also, I've tried to replace "Actor" with "Artist" whereever a function affects "People" (new: Artists) and not just actors.

While I was working on the file I found the one or other thing which could be changed - to my liking - as well.

This mainly deals with capitalisation. Trying to follow this guideline: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa974176.aspx I've applied changes wherever I found it appropriate. It's not always consistent - partly because the application at times uses fixed rules for Window / Menu styles and partly because at other times it's difficult to decide what should be CaPiTaLiSed and what not. I roughly followed MS's ruleset - if you want: see for yourself.

Then: I'm not too much into exclamation marks - so I removed quite a few, especially when they came in groups of two or more.

Finally I rephrased a few entries when I felt like it. And, if in doubt, I refered to a BE dictionary.

@all EN users: maybe some kind soul can review my efforts?
@Ale: if there's positive feedback maybe you can incorporate (some of) it into the main distribution?

The changed file (english.7z): http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/69793856/file.html

Edited by - yan00s on 10 Mar 2013 20:56:15

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  11:23:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am only running version 7 right now but will try this on 8 when I reinstall it. Thanks for creating this and I will review once I install
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  16:29:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
+1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07