Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Issue with Importing TV Shows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ESK
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2013 :  07:32:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The movie side works great! But I've never been able to get TV shows to import properly. At first (version 7), they would import as movies. Now, when I try to import tv shows using the read from device option, it identifies my tv shows; I try importing (selecting) a few at a time to test. It appears to import but they don't show up anywhere. Not in the database, tv shows section, movie section. I've ran searches with no success. The funny thing is when I go back to import tv shows, the shows I imported are not available to import so it appears that they're somewhere in the system.

Any help on what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the forums and FB page for any related issues. I did find this thread, and followed its instructions, but still cannot get it to work.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to create a new category under database (movies, tv shows, DOCUMENTARIES). I have a serious documentary collection and would like to separate them accordingly.

Thanks!
Erik

http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10543&SearchTerms=episode,import

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2013 :  16:58:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ESK

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to create a new category under database (movies, tv shows, DOCUMENTARIES). I have a serious documentary collection and would like to separate them accordingly.

I do this like that:

PS: you can't add "master categories".

Go to Top of Page

ESK
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2013 :  19:37:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks yan00s! I have been utilizing the category for documentary but was hoping to add the master category. Oh well. Will add to feature requests forum.

Now if only I could get the TV shows to import..
Go to Top of Page

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  18:05:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I haven't tried for a while but I had the same problem before. i.e. TV shows being added as movies to the movie database and not a separate TV Shows database.

I'll give it another try tomorrow and see what's changed!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07