Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 IMDB script mishandling 'Written by ...'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2013 :  21:17:20  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The Plot from IMDB often ends with 'Written by' and when the author is just a regular name all is well, but many times the author name is an email address starting with <

Written by <jhailey@hotmail.com> is such an eaxample.
XMM however fills plot with :
Written by
&view=simple&sort=alpha&ref_=tt_stry_pl" ><jhailey@hotmail.com>

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2013 :  10:28:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I expect this an easy fix.
Can this be confirmed please ?
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2013 :  22:44:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hmm...
Do you have a movie example?

I tried with "Se7en" an the plot looks ok.
For example:
quote:
Written by
Mark Fleetwood <mfleetwo@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2013 :  13:28:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Se7en is such an example. My import with the IMDB script ends with:

Written by
&view=simple&sort=alpha&ref_=tt_stry_pl" >Mark Fleetwood <mfleetwo@mail.coin.missouri.edu>

quote:
Originally posted by rocman

Hmm...

For example:
quote:
Written by

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2013 :  15:46:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sciolto

Se7en is such an example. My import with the IMDB script ends with:

Written by
&view=simple&sort=alpha&ref_=tt_stry_pl" >Mark Fleetwood <mfleetwo@mail.coin.missouri.edu>

quote:
Originally posted by rocman

Hmm...

For example:
quote:
Written by

Is the "strange" value shown both in the -> movie edit window > details tab > plot field and in card view or just in card view?

Which movie card are you using?

Edited by - yan00s on 10 May 2013 15:46:40
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  10:06:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

Is the "strange" value shown both in the -> movie edit window > details tab > plot field and in card view or just in card view?

Which movie card are you using?

The error was visible in both the card and in the details tab. WAS because the latest IMDB complete script build from 30/4 seems to have fixed the issue.

I had disabled auto update check for the scripts because I need to do this manually so that I can replace the REGION section with a custom one for scrapping metacritic scores. Also any regular update will reset some altered options for example including trivia, goofs, AKA etc. to the default. In other words after an update the script options chosen with non-default choices need to be re-entered after each update, which is pretty lame i.m.o. but at least I now know I probably won't update 'accidentally' :)

Edited by - Sciolto on 11 May 2013 10:11:20
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2013 :  14:09:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sciolto

The error was visible in both the card and in the details tab. WAS because the latest IMDB complete script build from 30/4 seems to have fixed the issue.

I had disabled auto update check for the scripts because I need to do this manually so that I can replace the REGION section with a custom one for scrapping metacritic scores. Also any regular update will reset some altered options for example including trivia, goofs, AKA etc. to the default. In other words after an update the script options chosen with non-default choices need to be re-entered after each update, which is pretty lame i.m.o. but at least I now know I probably won't update 'accidentally' :)

Yeah, XMM should remember a lot more settings than it actually does... ... but at least your script results could be healed.

Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2014 :  15:41:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Again this is broken in the IMDB Complete script. Version 13-12-2013 onwards at least :(
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  10:22:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have upload just now the script for TV Show and Fastest, it should work better now.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2014 :  21:10:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

I have upload just now the script for TV Show and Fastest, it should work better now.

Ale

I am not using the scripts you mention. I use the IMDB Complete script.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07