New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  16:06:47  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When I renumber movies in 8.0.5.5 all the directors are deleted? (I'm making backups in v8 cos I lost lots of data with v8!)

KCWhiteKnight

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  17:03:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are several issues with this version. I've had the one you refer too as well. You might also notice displays don't work correctly and while a movie in the grid is highlighted and active it displays something else in the movie card. You can pick a script and say don't import for example year. It does but it's not even the year that is for that movie. I had several that imported a year as 1969 or 2012. Now we have scripts that aren't working either. I would take your last known good backup and save it off if your going to do any changes or updates at least you have a starting point.
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  13:18:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've returned to a backup and had to download data for 1500 movies again! But now when update movies a few of them is updating? Looks like detalis downloaded but when I close and run EMM again some data is lost???

Hated this version!

First I tried to import 9800 movies with all data (actors etc., I don't care the actors but I needed directors!) After 1 weeks of try, program crashed 2-3 times, each time 8-9 spend but no success! I never understood that conversation of 80-90 MB data takes 8-9 hours!!!

I accepted my faith and imported without actors-directors but this time I must re import all movies from IMDB (just 9800 movies!) So nothing to do, I spend 2 weeks to re-import everything :)

After that I did the "renumber" thing that I mentioned above :) Lost all directors! Had to return a backup with 1500 movies data lost (actors etc). Started to re-re-re import! that data again but now when I close and open EMM again looks like some data is lost!

Don't know what to do, please Alessi, next time you change all the program, make a correct import routine, please :)
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2013 :  23:08:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any news about this bug?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  14:23:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have try the renumbering just now and seem to works without issues.

The only thing is that is Slow, so you have to wait some minutes in order that XMM complete it.

Btw, when you start the renumbering XMM make a backup of your database, always.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  09:27:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, when I renumber movies, at the end of the process nothing visible on the screen so I have to close and open EMM again but it cannot close! Saving Database waits 5-10 minutes so I have to force it to close. When I reopen movie ID 6000 and furthers directors are gone! But this time numbers are OK :D :D Will try again from an backup and inform you again...
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  09:57:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In next release I have add a message box that say when the renumbering its finished... I suppose that you have close XMM too earlier.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  11:27:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Been nearly 45 minutes to renumber 10,000 movies, EMM still waits :) There is a info on the status bar down below:

5-The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try insersing or pasting less data
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  12:10:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There must be a problem with database save function? I've DL'ed my new movies data from IMDB (with IMDB fast script) renumbered the movies. Everything was fine! I've closed the EMM with out problem, rerun 5 minutes later, started to DL last movies again and renumbering gone!!!

Going crazy :D :D
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  12:12:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Also ny numbers was somewhere between 1 - 100,000! Now it's between 1- 200,000 Numbers around 200,000 are movies started with D!
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  12:24:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So I returned my last "reliable" backup, I started to DL my last movies (about 85). What can I do to not to loose last 85 movies data? I'll look like it'll download them again and again :D Movie renumbering? I've already forget that :D
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  12:59:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please update the 85 movies, then click on the Save button, then close XMM and open it again.

The Save procedure is automatic, I want just see if you lose data if you save manually.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  13:41:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio, my database size is still same as my reliable backup (both 264,966,144 bytes) I've pressed Files-Save Database, still same size. Files-Database Functions-Backup Database, still same size (new backup too) But on the screen all the datas are OK, 85 movies looks like downloaded?

Will try compact and repair database and inform you...
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  13:47:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After compact & repair database, still same size and EMM started to DL information for 85 movies again (I didn't close and open the EMM!)

If there was a way to return back to DB to old EMM7 format, I would like to do it!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There ins't a way to go from 8 to 7, but only 7 to 8

Have you lose your old database of 7?

Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  14:00:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately old DB is lost with a format :(
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  14:22:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Damn...

Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  14:29:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
EMM's compact & repair doesn't change the DB size, I tried Access's compact & repair and now it became 255,623,168 bytes? Started EMM, and it started to DL 85 movies data, will see what happen :)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  14:46:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What OS do you have? Where XMM is installed (the folder)?

Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  14:50:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After Access's C&R database size became little smaller but it started again to DL last movies :)

My OS is Win8, directory is c:\EMM8. Tomorrow I'll uninstall and install it under d:\documents folder and try again to see what happens :)
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  15:40:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've uninstalled EMM8, installed 8.0.6.1 to the d:\documents\EMM8 folder, copied last DB. Runned EMM8, it started to DL last 85 movies again :) Let's see what happen :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07