Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Editing multiple file locations...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  04:10:08  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I recently decided to move 800 movies from one folder to another and go through the laborious task of editing their locations in XMM. When I first started I could edit the film, click Files, click Edit file and Browse and it would automatically go into the last folder I had open (Films) so I could easily double click on the right file and save & exit. However, during this process I found a film with the wrong cover so I downloaded a cover to the desktop and manually updated the cover.

Ever since then whenever I try to edit the file location for the remaining movies I need to update it automatically opens in the desktop folder not my Films folder meaning I have to navigate to the Films folder every time and there's still over 400 films left to go...

Firstly, is there an easier way to edit the location of multiple files?

Secondly, is there any way I can get it to always open the last folder used (i.e. Films) so I can simply double-click on the right file?

Thanks in advance for any help!

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  07:34:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Barns,

At the moment I don't know if it's already existing or if Ale wanted to add that function.
It's a function to replace part of a field by another phrase like in XMM7 was.
I think I have read something about that in the last weeks (not your other post!). Please try to search in the forum for "replace"...

*Edit*
Just found: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10917&SearchTerms=replace

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 24 Apr 2013 07:34:31
Go to Top of Page

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  08:34:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you JDommi! That worked wonderfully! I simply replaced the original folder name with the new folder name using the field management interface and everything is perfect!

I never even knew the tool existed!

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  13:13:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're welcome!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07