Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Merge Duplicate Actors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2013 :  18:03:19  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It would be very useful to be able to merge actor entries that have the same web link ... I have a few actors with a number of aliases, they all have the same web link but create multiple entries in the database.

I've also noticed actors with punctuation in their name (O'reilly) create new entries each time a movie is imported, I have an O'reilly with the exact same name in my database 12 times.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  10:36:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think Ale has to check that out.
At least for XMM7 there was beside the XMM's in-built check an additional script option for that: #CHECKACTOREXISTS#

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  10:01:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
#CHECKACTOREXISTS# is implemented in XMM8, too.
The question is: Is it implemented in the script jjohnbubbles uses...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2013 :  11:44:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right, rocman. Sometimes I have to re-read if I really have written all that I've meant *lol*
I only have double entries when I switch between scripts and have forgotten to check which fields have to be added. In my case german descriptions but only actor infos from IMDB.
In this case: Ale, when will we have script options that will resist updates? Or is there a need for the good old Advanced ScriptOptions plugin?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07