Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 HTML card does not show anything
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  07:50:45  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I upgraded to v8. and the HTML Card window did not show anything.
Tried selecting other HTML format from the listed selections the result was the same. Tried removing all the files from the layout folder. Result was the same. Uninstalled eXMM 8, cleaned the registry and the system from leftover files. Re-installed eXMM 8 nothing changed, no information in HTML Card window. Uninstalled the v8. again, put back the latest V.7.2.3.6 eXMM nothing shows in HTML Card window. Before the upgrade the v7.2.3.6 was working fine. In Quick Edit I can see all the informations.
I have Win7 64bit OS.
I found the similar problem from last year but I cannot see any dot size whatever in my screen.
Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Cheers Bela

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  09:15:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
At first you can use both versions parallel!
What DOES the card show? At least the card always has to show the layout even if there is info missing or a javascript error. So I would think that the selected html card doesn't exist or that the info area for the card is closed. Although a fresh install should have prevented this.
Would be the best to have a screenshot from your XMM window. Ans a little more info like OS, installation folder and location of your database.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  12:27:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
All I can say is a fresh installation of v7.2.3.6 on an other computer works flowlessly. The other computer has W7 32 bit OS. The installation folder is C:/Program Files(86)/extreme movie manager 7 on both computer. the database is on an other hard drive and on the second computer on a memory stick. In my opinion the v8 installation mixed up something in the registry. I was trying to find it and kill it, but deleting "binary" and "extreme" keys and values did nothing. The HTML Card is still empty. I can see the card on the screen, but it is empty. No sript error, no any error message regardless I tried the all avalable HTML formats. Well, I would send you a screen shot but I do not see any option to attach a picture.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  12:58:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You have to upload the pic on any server.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2013 :  22:48:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/49flyhzkikg5qsz/eXMM.jpg
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2013 :  13:04:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, the only way to reproduce an empty html card is to remove all card templates.
Do you already have tried to load a layout?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2013 :  05:00:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did not delete any of html templates from their folder. I was trying to load all available templates but I can see only the empty HTML Cards.
All the web browsers and MS Word too brings up the html file what has all the fields edited/programmed except the XMM.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2013 :  09:03:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, I don't have any idea. But I have informed Ale about. Maybe he knows a reason...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2013 :  09:05:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Just for test: please try to install in the Desktop or in the "My Documents" folder...

Just to see if XMM has the rights to write files.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2013 :  21:48:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Ale,
Instaleld XMM 7.3.2.6 to "C:\Users\Bela Banyay\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\eXtreme Movie Manager.exe"
What do you mean by this: "Just to see if XMM has the rights to write files."?
The situation have not changed, the HTML card is empty. I was trying to chose many layouts with the same result.
As I said before a fresh installation of v7.2.3.6 on an other computer works flowlessly. The other computer has W7 32 bit OS.
Could it be the different OS the problem and the new v.8 XMM mixed up something in the MS Windows 64bit version?
Cheers Bela
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2013 :  22:20:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale wanted to check if you have the rights to write files into XMM's program folder as the moviecard is always saved to it as tmpcard.htm (or such a similar name).
Please have a look at C:\Users\Bela Banyay\Documents\eXtreme Movie Manager 7\ and open this temporary card with your browser.

*EDIT*
Btw. I have both versions (relerase 7 and 8) on Win 7 64-bit, too.
Another thing to check: is the correct .net version installed?

Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 05 Jun 2013 22:23:41
Go to Top of Page

banyay
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2013 :  22:43:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks,
Both files (temp_collection_actor.htm and temp_collection_movie.htm)created during installation can be displayed in all of the web browsers.
Yes, the correct 64bit .net framework installed.
Cheers Bela
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07