Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Actors age in MovieCard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  00:16:54  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Back in EMM7 there used to be the actor age in parenthese in the MovieCard to show the age of the actor at the time he made the movie. Can we have this back?

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  18:39:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In XMM7 I couldn't find the actor age shown in the mother of all movie cards (movie_bigcover). I thought what we see there is the role the actor played.

But if you happen to mean the actor card ... the age gets shown in XMM8 too (if it's known, that is).

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  18:55:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, it's shown only on the actor's card under Movies in Database.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  05:31:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Yes, I have found so far only one actor whose Movies in Database show the age. I don't understand why the others don't show it ( so there is a bug and I have posted a bug report ). But what I wish is to have it also appears in the MovieCard. It would be nice to see the age of Spencer Tracy & Katharine Hepburn when they played the movie without calculating in my head. Thanks ahead.

Edited by - mon1y on 22 Jun 2013 08:13:42
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  13:44:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mon1y

quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Yes, I have found so far only one actor whose Movies in Database show the age. I don't understand why the others don't show it ( so there is a bug and I have posted a bug report ). But what I wish is to have it also appears in the MovieCard. It would be nice to see the age of Spencer Tracy & Katharine Hepburn when they played the movie without calculating in my head. Thanks ahead.

I see. And yes, that info is not readily available yet. Ale would have to provide it as a _MOVIE_ACTORS_AGEWHILEFILMING_ value for the card. I'm afraid this will not happen too soon since even on the actor card it's done by javascript and not provided by XMM directly.

It might be possible to implement with _MOVIE_ACTRORS_BIRTHDATE_ and using that above mentioned function from actors.js ... but I don't know if this value already exists (but it would be easier to provide it).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07