Are you happy with the incremental updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  06:58:52  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I just want to know if the users of this EMM really happy with the upgrades and features. As for me I have to vote no. There really is not much new features. Any new suggestions is not implemented to make the product better. This is just my 2 cents worth of carping. Let's hear yours..

Edited by - mon1y on 01 Apr 2013 04:52:50

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2013 :  13:41:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I appreciate your comment. What I can answer is that I try to make updates as quick as I can.

These weeks I am really busy, this is why you see few answer in the forum and few updates.

I think that no other software house try to follow the user's request as I do.

Thnak you

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  23:02:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

I appreciate your comment. What I can answer is that I try to make updates as quick as I can.

These weeks I am really busy, this is why you see few answer in the forum and few updates.

I think that no other software house try to follow the user's request as I do.

Thnak you

Ale

Well Ale this proves that everyone are Happy with your work since there are no bad comment in this post
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2013 :  03:49:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How can you complain about incremental updates? Ale tries to fix each and every problem\request as soon as he can.
Its a lot better than yearly ones like some buggy software I used to have to support!
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  11:56:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
XMM is updated very frequently! Like JustME said, other software is updated a lot less.
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  18:03:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I generally check the changelog and update every 3-4 steps, unless Ale has taken care of some issue that is really important for me.

The point is not in the quantity of updates. If serious bugs or features were addressed one per day, I wouldn't mind at all updating this often. But for detrimental changes even one update per month can be tedious.

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2013 :  00:01:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by apd

The point is not in the quantity of updates. If serious bugs or features were addressed one per day, I wouldn't mind at all updating this often. But for detrimental changes even one update per month can be tedious.

+1 /

Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  23:15:10  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I appreciate the updates since they tend to address bug fixes more than new enhancement. It shows Ali is really concerned that this product works. New features are nice but not all new features can be implemented at the drop of a hat. Some require changes to occur in other areas first. From my perspective, there are some change requests I've made that have not been addressed but I leave it up to Ali to determine what changes affect the largest number of user's. Just because it may sound like it would be a great benefit to others does not necessarily make it so. This is a global product with a diverse audience with diverse needs. I'm always happy to see updates.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2013 :  12:01:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Norm!!

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2013 :  21:57:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nehickel

I appreciate the updates since they tend to address bug fixes more than new enhancement. It shows Ali is really concerned that this product works. New features are nice but not all new features can be implemented at the drop of a hat.
Norm

There are features in EMM7 that were deleted/remove that are useful. I just don't understand the logic and I've been waiting for them to be implemented back in EMM8. There're hardly any new feature in EMM8 and if we do get updates it is only to fix bugs.
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  05:50:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah i think if we all bragging about not enough fixes, bugs and stuff it is only bc we care about this program and wana see it perfect. I know i do. One way or another program become better, but still have some bugs and i would say some things rn't comfy.
So Ale u should take it as a compliment if someone screaming at forum about bugs and bad fixes XD
If one day u won't see any bad comments or complains that would mean one of the next 2 options: 1. U finaly did it and program perfect; or 2. Everyone found better program and dump this one.
p.s. PLZ pleeaasse PLeAse do fix for thumbnails - white stripes. I think it may be a skin issue. Some kinda background for thumbs that don't change color with skin, but i might be wrong. Please check it out.

Edited by - SlayeRaiN on 17 May 2013 05:52:01
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2013 :  02:01:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SlayeRaiN
... PLZ pleeaasse PLeAse do fix for thumbnails - white stripes. I think it may be a skin issue. Some kinda background for thumbs that don't change color with skin, but i might be wrong. Please check it out.

Could you post a screenshot showing the problem? Also, you don't use amazon as a cover source, do you? Last question: have you checked the thumbs / cover directory: how do the source jpgs look like?

Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  11:59:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My 10c - its a really good product but thare are lots of irritating little bugs and I would much rather have the existing features working properly and efficiently and keep adding new features.
I have outstanding bugs for over a year and they are not fixed - for example the various issues with series and episodes; very slow start up/refresh (If its to do with the actors database, why load the database until it is required and/or maybe load as a background process); no category on quick edit etc

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  16:03:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I am trying to fix everything, but its not easy. There are tons of things to do and many bugs to fix.

Please continue to write your suggestions and report bugs, sooner or later I will fix it

Ale

Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:16:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

quote:
... PLZ pleeaasse PLeAse do fix for thumbnails - white stripes. I think it may be a skin issue. Some kinda background for thumbs that don't change color with skin, but i might be wrong. Please check it out.

Could you post a screenshot showing the problem? Also, you don't use amazon as a cover source, do you? Last question: have you checked the thumbs / cover directory: how do the source jpgs look like?

There is links in post i made earlier. Someone read it once and forget about it
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11108
section 1 and 2.
NO, i don't use amazon posters. And yes, there is white stripes in the pics in thumb folder but no stripes on posters. All u can see on link i game u.
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:19:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rincewindwiz

My 10c - its a really good product but thare are lots of irritating little bugs and I would much rather have the existing features working properly and efficiently and keep adding new features.
I have outstanding bugs for over a year and they are not fixed - for example the various issues with series and episodes; very slow start up/refresh (If its to do with the actors database, why load the database until it is required and/or maybe load as a background process); no category on quick edit etc

dude.. same thing.. no one fixing bugs im talking about for months. And i think fixing bugs has to be go ahead of adding new features.
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:58:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thumbs white stripes gone! yay!!!
thanks a lot ^^
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2013 :  04:13:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

thumbs white stripes gone! yay!!!
thanks a lot ^^

Good that he fixed your problem. But I'm still waiting for something that was in EMM7 and taken out in EMM8 and that is to " Remove covers no longer attached to a movie ".

Edited by - mon1y on 14 Jun 2013 04:14:39
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  10:16:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I will try to add in the next release.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  20:11:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now I used XMM7 for a few years but switched to XMM8 straight away when it was first released because 7’s database structure did not support the issue of Actors, Directors, Producers etc and 8 has been designed with this in mind. Yes there are bugs but I always seem to muck around with it and get the database working to suit my needs.
I was a little worried when Ali was away with work USA I think. There was a lot of talk about XMM7 being so much better compared to XMM8 so I decided to get my copy of XMM7 back up to date with my films. This meant adding around 70 movies to the XMM7 database…No problem you think
The process of adding and linking in actors for 70 movies just drove me mad, it just seemed such a bind compared to XMM8, to the point where I got fed up decided that XMM8, complete with all the little issues, will become a far superior product over time.
You keep up the good work Ali thumbs up for me
Go to Top of Page

skpManiac
Starting Member

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  21:18:25  Show Profile  Visit skpManiac's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I only bought this today, after trying it for a week and already having one update, but I don't see how anyone can say getting UPDATES is a bad thing

I welcome all updates, and being a coder appreciate that fixing one bug will cause a dozen more :)

Keep up the good work!

So long and thanks for all the fish...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07