Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Database password
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

goplay
Starting Member

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  07:14:39  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
After the last update XMM couldn't start (freezed during creation of GUI). I couldn't fix the problem and deinstalled XMM and deleted all files which were not deleted by the de-installation process.

I made a fresh installation on my PC and the authenfication. Now, XMM is starting properly, BUT now XMM is asking me for a password of the database. I never had these before and I can't remember that I ever gave the database a password. I restored some old backups, BUT same problem.

Please help, because within the database are more as 3 years of work!

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2013 :  16:23:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't remember ever seeing a password on the database..Verify which database you are using and also check for a .ldb named the same as your database.
When Access (or any program) opens an Access database it creates a ldb file which you can delete to remove the lock.
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=50604
If you have access installed on your PC you see if you can open it from there too.
The password is NOT installed by EMM so it may have come from a passworded folder or share?
Verify that you can open the database first with Access though and if it is passworded it can always be removed that with third party utilities. H
Go to Top of Page

goplay
Starting Member

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  16:36:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear JustME,

it is not an ACCESS issues, because the *.ldb-files doesn't exist, I have full access to the local directory and if I use password cracking tool than only rubbish is coming back. If I try to open the database file with MS ACCESS than I get a message that the file isn't a ACCESS-file. The file is NOT corrupt, becasue I get the same status with all my backups from the last 1,5 year. My latest backup from XMM 7 works without any password, but the data and work effort of the last 2 years are missing.

But anyway thanks for you reply.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2013 :  10:27:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello goplay.

Thats strange... Please check that your DB are not corrupted by opening it with MS ACESS...

If you want please ZIP and send your DB to me, I will take a look for you.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Exhibit_dk
Starting Member

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  11:30:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have just experienced exactly same error just now...

have this been resolved

Thanks

- Before God we are all equally wise and equally stupid
Go to Top of Page

Exhibit_dk
Starting Member

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  04:00:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
any news please?

Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  18:02:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are you sure your db didn't get corrupted somehow? I really can't imagine a scenario where XMM "encrypts" your db without your intervention.

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  17:49:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you open it in Access?
Go to Top of Page

Exhibit_dk
Starting Member

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2013 :  20:20:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was able to open in Access after passsword error.

The default database is not working either

Will uminstall for now... 3 years of work

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2013 :  08:47:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So, the database is OK, you have not lost your data. Probably just the Database Drivers are corrupted.

Please try to reinstall the MS Framework.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Exhibit_dk
Starting Member

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2013 :  03:08:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I actually finally found solution. The password error was in my case due to corrupt Microsoft Data Access Components.

I ran a sfc /scannow and then I ran a MDAC epair tool which solved problem.

If interested, cam be found and downloaded using below link(At your own risk)

www.tweaking.com/content/page/repair_mdac_ms_jet.html

Database has worked fine for me ever since

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2013 :  09:31:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for sharing this solution!!

Ale

Go to Top of Page

brutt01d
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2013 :  12:13:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have just had the same error. The previous version I had (8.0.something) was autoupdated within the program, but during the first run of the current 8.1.9.0 version it was crashing all the time, so no way. I have downloaded the installation file manually and installed the manager again right over the autoupdated version. This time the manager was launching w/o a crash but then this DB password problem. Very annoying, all of this. Also a doubtful link to a 3rd party program solution is a no go - no way I am going to make some blind tweaks of Windows with some unknown repair tool from some geek forum. I better not use XMM at all, rather than risking with potential rootkits.

Alessio, if you find better a solution to the problem, such as what needs to be edited in registry or which official microsoft files have to be redownloaded/replaced, please let us know.
Go to Top of Page

brutt01d
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2013 :  23:21:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tried now some things...

I have backed up my whole XMM folder (which comprised a new version 8.1.9.0 which had been installed manually over a failed autoupdate installation over the older version 8.0.3.9).

Then I have uninstalled the XMM and on separate occasions installed clean versions 8.0.3.8, 8.0.3.9 and 8.1.9.0 (which I conveniently had in the LiveUpdateTemp folder). Neither of these managed to launch on my freshly updated Win XP SP3 (also .NET framework is fresh).

The db password error happens only if I again make a clean install of the latest version of XMM, delete all files in its folder and paste my old backup files back into empty XMM folder.

It seems that either smth. got corrupt in my XP (perhaps the mentioned above MS data access components) or XMM can't handle the last XP updates I have installed lately with win autoupdate (which is strange).

Can someone please follow this up and give us a proper safe tool to correct this or at least clarify what's going on with XMM?

Because using some mentioned "repair tools" might actually not repair (albeit making the XMM work) but degrade the latest win xp updates.

Edited by - brutt01d on 29 Dec 2013 23:24:01
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  07:32:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Win7:
I have uninstalled my old XMM release and have removed even the files that are stored in the roaming folder and everything that was left from previous releases. Then I have installed the latest release 8.1.9.0 without any problems. The old database could be opened, too.

Maybe it's related to XP? Could it be that, as XP isn't supported anymore, something with the database engine is going wrong?
What if an old XP update was corrupt/bugged and has damaged the database so that a clean installation can't load it anymore?
If, if, if, ...

Did you have tested to revert your system to a previous version when XMM/the database didn't show the error?
Or simply try to copy your database inclusive all related sub folders to another location and load it again from there?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 30 Dec 2013 07:34:11
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  07:41:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Because using some mentioned "repair tools" might actually not repair (albeit making the XMM work) but degrade the latest win xp updates.

Degrading XP - is that possible anymore?
What's better: a so called degraded version that works or an updated one that doesn't work?
Even a degraded version can be re-updated again!
As long as you don't use any "optimizing" tools you normally don't harm your system. So why not giving this special repair tool a chance? Only keep in mind not to use an outdated release.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07