Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 script preferences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marcocc
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  13:20:21  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

have you considered the idea to save the preferences of each script even after a script update? It's a bit annoying to check/uncheck every option everytime the script updates, you'll make errors and you'll finish up with a different data import everytime.

thank you

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  14:06:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Marco,

Sorry, its a good idea but I havent found yet a way to do it (quickly )

I hope in future releases.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2013 :  07:14:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, that's an easy way to do. I had it in the Updater program of mine.
At the weekend I can send you the detailed way I had implemented it.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse

Edited by - JDommi on 06 Dec 2013 11:57:10
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2013 :  10:03:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As long as Ale hasn't include this function in his own code you can manually backup and restore your "Advanced Script Options".

1. Download this file -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/gungk1mjy3r3tqo/ASO.exe
2. Copy it into your XMM main folder
3. Create a link to ASO.exe on your Desktop (right mouseclick on the file -> Send To -> Desktop)
4. Goto the Scripts folder in your XMM main folder and make a subfolder called UserConfig

The interface will show two buttons: Backup and Restore - guess what they will do *lol*
Just call the program before and after every (script) update.
As I don't have any information about modified script options or which scripts will be updated I have to work on every existing script. So it may take a little time for processing.

Only to mention for completeness:
Optional parameters are backup/restore and silent. These parameters have to be manually included in the link on your desktop and are intended for the use as XMM plugin (originally for XMM7). Therefor I don't explain anything further on.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 3.39 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07