Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Handling of Original DVD/Blu-ray
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2013 :  19:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

here are my problems concerning the handling of original dvd/blu-ray. Almost my complete movie collection is on optical disks therefore appropiate functions should be provided.
My problems are:
- it's not possible to add a dvd/blu-ray to a already existing movie in the database. I wanted to re-read my disks because of the new features of xMM8 (e.g. the new and/or improved data fields)
- it's not possible to add more than one disk to a movie (disk tab)
- "add original dvd" function:
-- ok: media, codec, audio stream (but has heterogeneous notation), disk number (disk tab), FPS
-- more or less ok: Resolution, movie length (works here for burnt dvd not for original)
-- not ok: Bitrate (no value), discs (0), screen ratio (16:9, has to be more detailed), subtitles, media label, dual layer, disc id, filesize

reading a movie file

reading vob-Files (DVD) and m2ts-Files(Blu-ray):
- Codec, Bitrate, FPS, Media Label (in Video Tab), Resolution are ok
- audio stream info is sometimes not complete

reading disk

- it's not possible to select the disk drive when adding a disk in disk tab
- disk number, media label and filesize in disk tab are ok
- dual layer not recorgenized, diskID is crap

For my collection I would expect a "read dvd/blu-ray" feature for new/existing movies that is able to recognize:
- all disk parameters (disc number, media label, diskID, disk size, dual layer yes/no)
- main movie with all video and audio parameters

BTW: In "Add Movie/Add TV show" dropdown menues the "advanced" submenue isn't necessary as there are not that much menue items

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 08 Dec 2013 21:55:44

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  16:01:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Mawu as always!

Your requests are not easy for me to add ... my bad.

I will try.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2013 :  13:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Your requests are not easy for me to add

I only request features when I'm confident that you are able to implement them. There's no way for "no way"!

90% of this stuff is already available in xMM - but sometimes buggy, implemented a little bit halfhearted or still not tested. Sometimes I have the feeling that I'm the only one who tried out some of the functions.

Concerning the "add dvd/blu-ray":
My suggestion is to start with the following:
1. solve the data field doublette problem
2. improve the reading disk stuff, that all available fields in the corresponding tab are filled correctly; also allow multiple disks
3. improve reading movie files (there is sometimes a heterogeneous notation)
4. at the end combine 2+3 in a batch under the "add dvd" option: xMM should first read the disk stuff, then find the main movie and then read the movie data of the file from the main movie.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien

Edited by - Mawu on 17 Dec 2013 13:50:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07